News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Would you be interested in things like this?

Started by Xarkurai, October 17, 2016, 02:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarkurai

Hello everyone.

I'm back from a long break of SMF and swapping different kinds of forum software.
I came back to SMF and my reasons for doing will support my post.

I would never recommended anyone to swap to another forum software anymore.

Why?
1) You need forum software to have interaction between your users. Regardless of whatever software you take and use, it will happen. If you take vB or XF you'll just pay craploads of money for the same but differently done and some *glitters*.
2) Most famous plugins and mods on paid forum software are also paid. You'll throw money against it meanwhile SMF has some fine paid mods as as well, some are even much better and cheaper!
3) Customization in SMF is a lot easier. Why? I've been creating custom themes in the other forum softwares. It's a huge mess to find what you need to edit while SMF only limits itself to an easy editable theme.

Ah well, I felt like I had to share it for the following. Please note that this just my personal experience and opinion now ;).
Recently I was checking out my old themes I ever created and was wondering if people are interested in those.
As I said, they are old and the coding is messy. However, I might get the will to recreate some of them and get into more themes.

Take a look at the attachments, I'd love to hear some thoughts on it. Some of the themes even have a custom frontpage. Example: http://puu.sh/rMhv0/0813546113.jpg (SiteNC).
Also note that not everything was finished back then.

Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

Advertisement: