CRITICAL ERROR destroys entire thread

Started by SMiFFER, November 02, 2016, 02:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

I have a very weird and disturbing error here.

I was editing a post in an existing thread.
When submitting I was not brought back to the thread, but to a WHITE EMPTY SCREEN.
Opening this very thread in a new browser-tab resulted in that same WHITE EMPTY SCREEN, just as if the entire thread was deleted - and it was!

Gosh: The admin error log lists this critical error:

Type of error: Critical
(Link to no longer existing thread)
Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (user_ids)
Function: sc_loadColors
File: /hermes/bosnaweb28a/b1268/ipg.removed/forum/Sources/Subs-SimpleColorizer.php
Line: 48

What is this?
How can I fix this?
I have a backup of this morning, so nothing big is lost. But this is really annoying. :(
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Kindred

looks like an issue with that mod to me...  so, you'll have to ask in the thread dedicated to supporting that mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SMiFFER

Quote from: Kindred on November 02, 2016, 02:38:38 PM
looks like an issue with that mod to me...  so, you'll have to ask in the thread dedicated to supporting that mod
And yes it is exactly so.

This is what I did to track down the issue.
Copied the source (BBCode) to a file.
Created a new thread using copy&paste -> that led to the same crash
Deinstalled SIMPLE COLORIZER MOD
Created a new thread using copy&paste -> that works and the old thread is back as well.

So there is a bug in SIMPLE COLORIZER MOD and I can reproduce it.

Thanks. All systems go.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

SMiFFER

I have marked this topic SOLVED for the following reasons:

- The thread is NOT destroyed, it is still there
- The thread is only not displayed as soon as the mod "SIMPLE COLORIZER" is activated.
- Deactivating that mod results in that the thread is displayed just fine.

=> I conclude this is a bug in the mod "SIMPLE COLORIZER" and have submitted a bug-report in the support-thread.

Advertisement: