News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Site doesn't display - all resources use relative URLs, don't show up

Started by DeveloperMcD, March 11, 2017, 05:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeveloperMcD

I installed my site in a subfolder "beta".

When I view the site, nothing shows up except part of the text of the homepage. All the resources are missing. Well, I found out why.

All the source code looks like this:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/index.css?fin20" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/webkit.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/script.js?fin20"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/theme.js?fin20"></script>

Note that it goes to the root folder for things like Javascript, CSS, and graphics. That's a problem, since those things are to be found in /beta, not /.

How do I fix this?

There must be something simple I can do...

The site loaded fine when I first installed it, but after I ran the convert.php script to bring in everything from Mercuryboard, then it broke. Did SimpleMachines get the idea to use the root folder from my Mercuryboard settings? Mercuryboard is the current (active) site, which is indeed installed on the root folder.

Kindred

it does not actually go to the root...   it should be going to the root of the FORUM THEME URL...   

so, either you set the wrong URL as the forum URL or your configuration hit one of the glitches...

either way, try running repair_settings.php
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DeveloperMcD

I ran the tool, but the "Paths and URLs for Themes" section was completely blank.

And that's clearly where the problem is!

"This section enables you to check that the directory paths and URLs are correct for the default theme as well as for any other themes that you have installed.
The Repair Settings Tool will allow you to keep your custom theme as default and not reset to the default theme, unless you select the option Set SMF default theme as overall forum default for all users, which is found in the Critical Settings as mentioned above."

Why is this?

*Please note, this is a fresh install of SMF 2.0.13, with nothing extra installed. No plug-ins, add-ons, themes, etc. have been installed yet.

Advertisement: