News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

No input file specified.(----Installation Problem)

Started by josephs1, November 15, 2005, 07:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephs1

After I uploaded all the files to my server, I tried to run install.php and all I got was this message on a plain white background:

"No input file specified."

I did double check and I uploaded all the files. What might this be?

Thanks!

Oldiesmann

Try re-uploading install.php. I did some googling on the issue, and the two main causes are trying to access a non-existent PHP file when using custom error pages and $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'] not being set. However, SMF doesn't even use $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'], so it's most likely the first issue (even if you're not using custom error pages, try re-uploading install.php...).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

sonofabit

this did not work for me. I have extracted the install files, copied them exactly to the wwwroot file, FRESH FROM THE ZIP FILE, and I am still getting this error. what's the deal?

-SelArom

Daniel15

Quotethe two main causes are trying to access a non-existent PHP file when using custom error pages and $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'] not being set.
It's usually caused by IIS being stupid, or the CGI version of PHP being incorrectly set up under IIS ;)

QuoteI have extracted the install files, copied them exactly to the wwwroot file, FRESH FROM THE ZIP FILE, and I am still getting this error. what's the deal?
Is PHP set up properly? Does a phpinfo.php file work properly (What is phpinfo.php?)?
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

sonofabit

yeah never mind it was the folder permissions, had to add the IUSER to the allow
thanks anyway

-SelArom

Advertisement: