Most basic of modifications - Background Color

Started by blykmik, November 22, 2005, 07:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blykmik

Ok.. so this is a weird request, but I was hoping someone could help me RELAY to an administrator of and SMF board how to make a simple change to the background color of his themes.

He had all of the forums set up a bit ago by someone else and knows very, very little about modifying anything.  I tried to explain how things work on a board that I manage, but it is vBulletin and not the same.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could give me the simple steps to merely change the background color he is using for the forum styles. 

He is using the Helios Multi design by Bloc and wants to change the black background (on all color choices) to one standard brown color.

Here's the site:  http://www.tacticalopsunit.com/Forums
Here's the main page of the site with the background color he wants to match: http://www.tacticalopsunit.com
(It's the same color used on the logo banner background)

I'm not sure how to get the exact html number for that color, but my guess was that it is:  #675A47

Anyway, if there's a simple way to tell him to make this change, I'd really appreciate the info.  I've gone through a faq found here, but it is hard for me to weed through everything and then translate to him not ever having used SMF, it is a bit hard for me to know what I'm talking about.

So, if anyone has time to run this down for me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mike

blykmik

IchBin™

He needs to look at the style.css file in the theme that he is using. Look for this section:
body
{
    background-color: white;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
}
Change the background color from white to whatever color he wants. So if he wants the color you posted then he would do this:
body
{
    background-color: #675A47;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
}
IchBin™        TinyPortal

blykmik

Thank-you very much.  I appreciate it...

I'll pass this along to him and hope he can figure it out.  Thanks again.

Advertisement: