News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Sorting topics by date from Calendar

Started by BobL, December 17, 2005, 10:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobL

Sorry if this is not in the correct board.
I am using SMF for our film society.  I use the calendar to schedule the movies that will be shown.  We show the same movie on Friday and Saturday nights.  There is a topic created for each night's movie. Some members are getting confused about which night to sign up for.
I have a board created called "Dinner and a Movie" where all these events are placed.
Is there a way that I can modify the board where these topics are, to show the date next to the subject, and sort that board by date? If this description isn't clear enough, go to hxxp:www.fairmontfilms.net/forum [nonactive], and click on the "Dinner and a Movie" board.  You will see how the events are listed there.
Thanks,
Bob

Sheepy

Maybe you can try prefixing the date in yyyy-mm-dd format, e.g. 2006-01-28 Sat. Dinner & Movie - "Pleasantville".  Then you can sort it by subject.  After that I think there exists a mod that allows you to set default sort order of a board.

Advertisement: