News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Bridge Xoops-SMF 1.1 RC3 Beta 1

Started by Orstio, December 31, 2005, 03:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broham

That did get rid of the error, but it seems to undo the fix.  Everything works the same way it did before removing that stuff from index.template.php and adding it to my Xoops theme.
Fetching previews, along with javascript, was working when that error was present, but now that it isn't, after changing line 167 in the smf module index, things revert back to the way they were originally.
I'll keep playing with those files.  Let me know what you think, thanks as always.

Any idea when you plan to release the next bridge?  I am looking forward to logins and logouts being directed to the same page used for the action, and I know you wanted to include that in the next release.
SMF + Xoops dude, yeah!  Good stuff.

jscorrea

Problems Orstio,

Global Logout don't work, xoops continues logged. 

Global Login with SMF block works fine. 
New user in xoops->smf works fine. 

PM xoops->smf don't work.

Congrats for this bridge, is in the right direction.

Please where in index.php (smf bridge) has a code for URL redirection after successfully login?

JS

Orstio

QuoteGlobal Logout don't work, xoops continues logged.

That's been reported a few times now.  It's something I definitely need to work on.

QuotePM xoops->smf don't work.

I'm not sure what you are expecting there?

QuotePlease where in index.php (smf bridge) has a code for URL redirection after successfully login?

There is no code for it currently.  I will work on it.

jscorrea

QuotePM xoops->smf don't work.

I'm not sure what you are expecting there?

The PM from Xoops is only imported during conversion?
Or new PM in xoops -> same PM in SMF, PM on demand like new users?

JS

Orstio

Oh, OK.  I'm not sure that will ever be possible, unless Xoops has a method of exporting PMs upon submission.

It will be possible the other way -- SMF PMs can be exported to Xoops as they are posted.

jscorrea

Quote from: Orstio on May 02, 2007, 11:46:57 PM
Oh, OK.  I'm not sure that will ever be possible, unless Xoops has a method of exporting PMs upon submission.

It will be possible the other way -- SMF PMs can be exported to Xoops as they are posted.

Is a good idea!

broham

QuoteIn order to do that, SSI.php will need to be included first, and $scripturl, $settings, and $context variables global.

Then, the header needs to be removed from the SMF theme. The javascript can't work with two headers in the HTML output.

Perhaps I misunderstand.  Where is the header of the SMF theme that needs to be removed?

Orstio

Everything from <!DOCTYPE to </head> in the index.template.php of whatever SMF theme you happen to be using.

broham

Yeah, that's what I thought, but all that does is strip the layout of the forum, and the fetching preview still does not work despite the other files changed accordingly.  I tried everything more than once, and nothing makes previews and javascript exist harmoniously.

To recap, javascript does work for the Xoops end and the bridged SMF side.  It seems no matter what adjustments are made, the fetching preview feature does not work though.  Yes, I can make it work, but then javascript doesn't, including the editor and arcade.  Seems I can have one but not the other.  Oddly, previewing from the Quick Reply feature does produce a preview, regardless.

There must be something I can do to make the post preview work without disabling javascript and/or removing most of the smf theme's appearance.

jscorrea

Any news Orstio?

After login in the SMF Module Block if the user was redirected to site  main page is a great feature. With this the original login system can be retired.

Regards,

broham

It seems when my users change their password in the forum, in the module, the password is not changed in Xoops, so they no longer have access to the site other than the smf module.  Can I fix this?

Orstio

Are they using the bridge module, or the stand alone forum?

broham

The bridge module.
Registering through the module seems to register in smf and xoops correctly.  Or an existing xoops user can successfully log into the module and be registered in smf correctly.  But, when the users change the password later through the bridge module, it only changes the smf password and not the xoops side simultaneously thus leaving the user with access to only the bridge module and not the rest of the site.  Changing the password back, of course, puts them back on the same page as xoops and restores access.

Orstio

Looking through the code...you are correct.  That hook has not been added to this bridge yet.

I really need to get going on the Xoops bridge.  :-[

EDIT -- Add this function to the bridge index.php:

function integrate_reset_pass ($old_username, $username, $password)
{
global $xoopsConfig, $db_name;

mysql_select_db(XOOPS_DB_NAME);

$new_pass = md5($password);

mysql_query("
UPDATE " . XOOPS_DB_PREFIX . "_users
SET uname='$username',
pass='$new_pass'
WHERE uname = '$old_username'
LIMIT 1");
mysql_select_db($db_name);

return true;
}

broham

I just added it and tested it.  Works perfectly. thank you!

QuoteI really need to get going on the Xoops bridge.  :-[
I am extremely happy with it so far.  The next biggest part I am looking forward to is the login redirecting to the same login page used or the home page.
Excellent work, and thanks for the help.

broham

Orstio, to update my issue with the fetching preview I had recently, it all functions correctly now.  My xoops and smf headers are as they were originally without edited/added/removed code, so I am not positive as to why it works correctly now.  Modifying a post inline also had not worked in the smf module prior to now.  Yes, all javascript still seems to work, too.

My recent changes to the site include removing mpmanager from xoops, since it's rendered unnecessary with the addition of smf, and uninstalling/reinstalling a couple smf packages to accomodate the addition of tinyportal.  I didn't immediately notice the previews working, so I don't know what I did to cause it, but I'll be sure to watch it carefully in case a future change causes it not to work again.

Just updating.

Orstio

QuoteThe next biggest part I am looking forward to is the login redirecting to the same login page used or the home page.

Does the redirect work if you add this before the end of the integrate_login function in the bridge index.php:

$_SESSION['login_url'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

broham

YES SIR!!

Amazing, I tried that very line in the index file some time ago, but I must have placed in the wrong spot(s).  Who knew!
Correction, I had placed a bad variation of that line in the file.

Great news, it works!

many thanks.

jscorrea

broham

I figured out what makes the fetching preview and modify inline features work or not.  When the Main Menu block is set to visible on the smf module, those features do not work.  Making the Main Menu not visible on the smf module page allows those features to work.  Strange.  Note, this happens when the forum is wrapped AND unwrapped.  Other blocks seem not to interfere.

Okay, moving on to another request...
Is there a way to make the end of the smf session also kill Xoops's custom session?  Logging out works fine, of course, but, for example, if a user logs into my site, walks away for two hours and sits back down to the computer, they are not signed in to the forum anymore, but they are still signed into the Xoops side, since my custom sessions are set to a high number of minutes.  The same is true vice versa, if the Xoops session is set to less time than the smf, a user might still be signed into smf but not xoops after being idle.
I know you get this already Orstio, but I'm sure some people aren't familiar with the concept yet, so I'm hoping to be clear to all.

Is it possible to make the smf session expiration also dictate the Xoops session expiration?

Advertisement: