News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.1 RC2 - Minor bug with lock/sticky buttons?

Started by Gidget, January 01, 2006, 11:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gidget

Hi

I've just upgraded my development board (no mods) from 1.05 to 1.1 RC2 - using the SMF default theme.  Loving it  :)

A couple of curious things happen when I click the "Lock Topic" and "Set Topic Sticky" buttons at the bottom of the screen.

1) Topic is unlocked and non-sticky.  I click the "Lock Topic" button and the topic is locked and the button changes to "Unlock Topic" as expected.  At the same time, the "Set Topic Sticky" button changes to "Set Topic Non-Sticky" without it having been clicked on.  I presume the topic has not been set to sticky because the sticky icon doesn't appear on the topic.

2) If I then click the "Set Topic Non-Sticky" button, the topic is set to sticky and the button remains as "Set Topic Non-Sticky".

3) If I click the "Set Topic Sticky" button first (before I touch the "Lock Topic" button) then the topic is made sticky but the button still says "Set Topic Sticky".

4) If I then click the "Lock Topic" button the topic is locked and the "Set Topic Non-Sticky" button magically appears.

5) Clicking the buttons to revert to unlocked and non-sticky exhibits the same behaviour as described above, only in reverse.

Cheers

Gidget

bjp

JayBachatero

I will report this to a dev so that they can take a look at it.  I'm experiencing the same thing.  It might be theme related since if you sticky the locked topic it stickies.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

bloc

Ok, it was a wrong check in Display.template. Theme is updated, but here is what you can correct if you like:

Find this in Display.template:
'sticky' => array('test' => 'can_sticky', 'text' => empty($context['is_locked']) ? 'smf277' : 'smf278', 'image' => 'admin_sticky.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=sticky;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';sesc=' . $context['session_id']),

and change to:
'sticky' => array('test' => 'can_sticky', 'text' => empty($context['is_sticky']) ? 'smf277' : 'smf278', 'image' => 'admin_sticky.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=sticky;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';sesc=' . $context['session_id']),

Gidget

All fixed - thanks for such a fast response, Bloc  :D

Now I can go back to waiting for your Apollo theme to become compatible with RC2  ;D

Happy New Year

Cheers

Gidget

Advertisement: