News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

CAPTCHA (Code Verification)

Started by Daniel15, February 11, 2006, 03:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoarinRow

Quote from: HarzeM on September 15, 2006, 07:37:51 AM
Quote from: akulion on September 15, 2006, 07:30:00 AM
i cant believe they messed up the 1 feature i was looking forward to  :o

Don't worry, my new mod for captcha will probably be released tomorrow.

Great, can't wait either   8)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

ivo2296

Just for the record:

This mod is much better as built in captcha in RC3 - has no user friendly adjustment.

sdmr

On my forum (just upgraded to RC3) the captcha displays the same series of letters each time it is refreshed, albeit varying between uppercase and lowercase and changing the visual appearance.  Why might this be?

sdmr

Because it's set as a session variable... right?

Harzem

Quote from: RoarinRow on September 15, 2006, 10:00:21 AM
Quote from: HarzeM on September 15, 2006, 07:37:51 AM
Quote from: akulion on September 15, 2006, 07:30:00 AM
i cant believe they messed up the 1 feature i was looking forward to  :o

Don't worry, my new mod for captcha will probably be released tomorrow.

Great, can't wait either   8)

I've released my mod for 1.1 RC3 here:
http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=474

nutn2lewz

Original mod working perfectly on 1.08 with Midland theme.

Niteblade

affiliate blog

Daniel15

HarzeM, I love your MOD better than my own one :)
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

money-monitor.com

This mod is not working on my forum. I have installed successfully for 1.0.8 version, but when I click on the register page, I see blank page only.

tinatoth

Since I upgraded to 1.0.9 and CAPTCHA is no longer working. The text saying "Please enter code as shown" appears on the registration screen (although that's probably cos I had to enter it manually into my template), but no code or text box appears, and users can register without the code.

Help?

tinatoth

ok nevermind i reinstalled it. works now.

money-monitor.com

But still not working for me, Daniel don`t reply for my PM  :-[

Gary of Beeston

Little confused here. It was working fine on 1.0.7, but now I'm using 1.0.9, it doesn't put the captcha element into the registration process.

I'm using a slightly customised template, but that's only really changing the headers to match up with the Joomla! site it is a part of, and I switched back to the default template; still doesn't appear. Is it me, or the mod/1.0.9?

Of course, if 1.1 ever gets out of Release Candidate stage, I'll upgrade in a flash...  ;D
Gary

choloman05

Hey. Captcha Mod seems to be keeping people from registering as I continuously get these errors and it takes up to 5 tries to register:

8: Undefined index: captchaWrong
File: /home/tarheelf/public_html/Sources/Register.php
Line: 136

8: Undefined index: captchaEnter
File: /home/tarheelf/public_html/Themes/default/Register.template.php (eval?)
Line: 89

Also, the text that should be in my admin center has disappeared. The check boxes and such are still there, but the text on the left is gone. Anyone know what I should do? I'm running 1.1RC2 w/Dilber MC theme. I haven't upgraded to RC3 cause I figure I'll just wait for 1.1 Gold. Thanks.

unknown77

I there,

i have this error:

An Error Has Occurred!
phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons 

I use SMF 1.0.9 and i have this mods:

Mod Name Version   
1. SSI NewsArchive 1.3
2. Mambo Integration 1.0   
3. SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update 1.0   
4. SMF 1.0.8 Update Package 1.0.8   
5. SMF 1.0.9 and 1.1 RC3-1 Security Patch 1.0.8/1.1 RC3     
6. CAPTCHA (code verification) 0.1.1   

Thx

Bigguy

looks like maybe phpinfo has been disabled by your host.

Jazeker

Hi,

Looks like an excellent mod.  However I am running SMF 1.0.9 and I am not really sure whether that version is already supported.

Daniel15

Yes, SMF 1.0.9 is supported by this MOD.
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.

Dave_T

Hi,

I'd like to use this mod on my SMF 1.0.9 forums, but as other have noted it doesn't seem to install using the package manager. I've tried a manual installation by uploading the unzipped files/folder (maintaining the structure) to the root of my forums and then running the installScript.php file e.g. hxxp:www.mysite.com/forums/installScript.php [nonactive]. This doesn't generate any errors, but also doesn't seem to enable CAPTCHA settings in the Admin Center nor give me any extra bits on the registration page...

I'd appreciate any thoughts that anyone might have on which bit of the puzzle I'm missing...

Dave.

Daniel15

Dave_T, the installScript.php file only adds the CAPTCHA stuff to the database. To actually install it, you need to edit some of the SMF files as well. Upload the package-info.xml file to http://server.daniel15.com/smf_xml/package-info.php?action=file to see what files you need to copy over, and upload the modification XML file (install-SMF1.0.xml or similar, can't check at the moment) to http://server.daniel15.com/smf_xml/modification.php?action=file to see what files you need to edit.

Advertisement: