Adding navigation - how to insert the JS code?

Started by christopherO, February 24, 2006, 04:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christopherO

I have just installed this program and I am bowled over. I needed something right for my new shop community: hxxp:www.mailkonline.co.uk [nonactive] and, having tried a few others, came across SM and found excellent for the job. It seems too good to be free.

I now need some guidance to get me moving - I need to fit the board into my site which, initially, means adding my drop down menu to the top. I use the following JS on my pages:

</script>
      <script   type="text/javascript">
   if(ns4)_d.write("<scr"+"ipt type=text/javascript src=mmenuns4.js><\/scr"+"ipt>");      
     else _d.write("<scr"+"ipt type=text/javascript src=mmenudom.js><\/scr"+"ipt>");
     </script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="menuclock.js"></script>
     <script type="text/javascript" src="menu_data2.js"></script>   
     <script type="text/javascript" src="menu_data.js"></script>      
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="milonictooltips.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

I think I have found where to put it [index.template.php ?? Around line 76?? ]. But I get an error.

Now, I am definitely not a programmer - just good at lots of trial and even more error.
So, could someone please guide me in adding these scripts. Thanks.

kegobeer

Post the code you have in your index.template.php file, to include a few lines above and below.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

christopherO

I am puzzled - I think that's what I did - as below ...

from
line 74   echo '
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/style.css" />';

echo '
    </script>
      <script   type="text/javascript">
   if(ns4)_d.write("<scr"+"ipt type=text/javascript src=mmenuns4.js><\/scr"+"ipt>");     
     else _d.write("<scr"+"ipt type=text/javascript src=mmenudom.js><\/scr"+"ipt>");
     </script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="menuclock.js"></script>
     <script type="text/javascript" src="menu_data2.js"></script>   
     <script type="text/javascript" src="menu_data.js"></script>       
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="milonictooltips.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>  ;

/* Internet Explorer 4/5 and Opera 6 just don't do font sizes properly. (they are big...)
      Thus, in Internet Explorer 4, 5, and Opera 6 this will show fonts one size smaller than usual.
      Note that this is affected by whether IE 6 is in standards compliance mode.. if not, it will also be big.

But then I get on screen:
Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

Advertisement: