'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'

Started by TheSaint, March 13, 2006, 05:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSaint

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
Forum: http://forums.saintlink.com/index.php [nofollow]
Problem: Error message in header?
PHPinfo: PHP version 4.4.1
Have you searched: Yes, found similar threads but not this exact error.
Version of SMF: SMF 1.1 RC2 |
Mods Installed: None

I don't remember playing around at all with my site recently, but after visiting the forum index the following error is showing up at the top of the screen:

Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/thesaint/public_html/forums/index.php on line 114

Any ideas on what might be causing it, and more important, how would one go about fixing it? :)
Paul
www.sonofmore.com [nofollow]
www.myjoomlahost.com [nofollow]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

TheSaint

Whoops, I forgot to mention I'd like to install a German language pack, but haven't done so yet. I'm waiting for the problem above to be resolved before trying to add anything new. My SMF install is still just the SMF RC2 release.
Paul
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

TheSaint

Paul

Daniel Hofverberg

From that error message, I get the impression that you (or maybe your host) have enabled zlib.output_compression in PHP, so that all PHP pages will be compressed with zlib. Therefore, you don't have to use "Enabled compressed output" in SMF, and can safely uncheck that option in the admin interface - that will stop the warning message from being displayed.

Advertisement: