News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Simplicity

Started by Bloc, March 23, 2006, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

Link to the theme

The layout is heavily inspired by the Guardian, but I have tried to do a original twist of it. Problem was that SMF have a lot of info in every aspect, and the Guardian have not, so the challenge was to filter out whats needed.

As always, graphics can only be used within a SMF forum and any comments are welcome.

- added options to have your own content in the sidebars.
- added option of recent topics, recent posts, a welcome message, a poll, news or latest posts from a specified board. 2 possible "slots" for these choices
- moved the CSS for the header text into blue/red/grey/black/green/peach.css.
- added a pure reply link under each post, to stop scrolling for the top one.

Demo:
http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=forum;theme=13

Updates:
- color changer on front , both members and guests ( thanks to Mystica and [Unknown] for this code)
- adjustable width of the forum in admin section "current theme settings", both in percent and pixels.
- language strings for the extra titles/labels used, for easy translation
- choose between full poster information or a stripped down one(default) in posts
- Choose between "recent posts" and "recent topics" on the board index page.
- settable widths of left, middle and right section in percents.

bloc

Updated to work with SMF 1.1RC2.

Webrunner

When will this be updated for 1.1RC3?
There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

=========================================
Vrouwen Power! | Sprintweb: No nonsense e-Business consultancy

bloc

It already is. I haven't gotten to upload it - yet. All my themes are updated btw.

bloc

Updated to work with SMF 1.1 RC3.

Webrunner

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

=========================================
Vrouwen Power! | Sprintweb: No nonsense e-Business consultancy

JohnS

There have been a couple of posts eslewhere about a template error which I also got in RC3. The template error problem can be cleared by editing the /Themes/simple/Display.template.php
Simply find line 66 and add the missing  '; to the end. Not sure why it should be missing.
Nice theme though, trying it out on one of my sites now.

p.s. There is also a similar problem in Post_template.php, you need to remove the ' from the word it's in line 246 and add the '; to the end of line 244.

p.p.s Another minor glitch in the calendar, the months do not show in the drop down list, not had time to trace where the array is held but if you go to line 354 in Post_template.php and change $months[month] to just $month it will then show a drop down choice with the month numbers.

Anyone found any other problems?

Chattingforum

Nice style but to white.
Chatitngforum, the forum for people who like chatting: http://chattingforum.babbelforum.nl

auvn

really nice style and function. Could you please make a version for 1.1? It seems that the version for 1.1 RC3 doesn't work properly with SMF 1.1 final

bloc

I will update all themes as next of things-to-do. Beware it will take some time though, as I have quite a few and like to get them all done once I do this. :)

clrhodes

Love your work. Great Themes!  Simplicity looked nice on my site, but I found out after a few days customizing it was not compatible with SMF 1.1.1  :-[ (call me a little slow).  Anyway, will you be updating be compatible with SMF 1.1.1, ?  Thanks!

destalk

There is an 'unofficial' 1.1 version of Simplicity on the Tiny Portal site. It seems to work fine for me.

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item638

falguni1

i like this theme very much its so simple and nice.
please answer my query.

which one is the latest theme.
rc1
rc2 or
rc3
please reply

falguni1

sorry to disturb i also have 1 more query.
i am using simplicity11rc2.zip and i have the latest version of smf installed.
1 of my guest both this to my notice when he was trying to register for my forum that there is no word verification image seen while registering and the registration fails.

falguni1

please tell me wot to do

JohnS

If you have the latest version of SMF loaded that would be SMF1.1.1 then the version of Simplicity you are using may not be compatible.
See the post just above by Destalk for the link to the version of Simplicity for SMF1.1.1. tough this is not official and I am not aware of an official version of Simplicity for SMF1.1.1.

destalk

The version above seems to work fine for 1.1.1 and someone on the Tinyportal forum seemed to think that it would work OK with 1.1.2.

falguni1

thanks a lot I got the latest version simplicity11.zip from bloc's site i m using it now no problem with it. thanks for the replies guys.  :D
I like simplicity very much because it looks like a website all the categories are on the left side like a website menu and are not placed in the center like a forum so its like a website+forum. such a great innovative idea and its a very easier navigation too. people can see all the menu on the left side its such a good idea as people are more comfortable with websites than forums. so thanks a lot bloc. i feel if u could add style to the look more then it think u can call it stlylicity.  :P hehe  :D  :D

jido

It is a nice theme but it does not work :-(

There are PHP errors in the simplicity11rc3 files. At least Post.template.php:246 and Display.template.php:67, and probably more.

I will keep searching for my ideal theme...

bloc

Quote from: jido on August 30, 2007, 11:20:13 AM
It is a nice theme but it does not work :-(

There are PHP errors in the simplicity11rc3 files. At least Post.template.php:246 and Display.template.php:67, and probably more.

I will keep searching for my ideal theme...

Well, that depends on what version of SMF you use. That version is of course made for SMF 1.1 RC3, quite old actually.

Advertisement: