News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Black22

Started by Bloc, March 23, 2006, 02:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

Link to the theme

This is a dark theme called Black22. Its supposed to be very compact, and has no graphic buttons, only a common background-graphic and CSS/javascript-driven hovering . That should make this work instantly in all languages. :)

features:
- 5 extra buttons on the menu(home, help etc). Settable in admin section/current theme settings. Both a label and the actual link is needed for it to show. If you leave it blank on either, the button will not show.

- forum width settable in same section. Either number(pixels) or percentage.

- calendar is changed to be a list instead of the normal grid. if you don't like it, just remove the whole calendar.template.php from the theme, and it will use the normal calendar.

- Quick-labels for userinfo section. To make them show in other languages, look in the index.english.php file inside Themes/black22/languages and copy/modify it to your language, saving it as index.{yourlanguage}.php

This is a work in progress, so changes may come. Any ideas and comments are welcome ;) and as always, the graphics/CSS are free to use as long as they stay within the context of a SMF forum.

Demo site:
http://www.tinyportal.net/demo/index.php?demo=black22

lostsole

can this theme support a shoutbox? rounded out its a good theme simple and clean. thanks a million bloc.

-LS

www.fazedmedia.net

"I've been burning in water and drowning in flame
To prove you wrong and scare you away
I admit my defeat and want back home
In your heart under the rose"

radmofo

Nice theme I love the "add button" feature for sure! I just have one thing to address, I use SSI to call the menu items to other pages ".shtml" and if I use this theme the buttons called are Approximatly 4 inches from top to bottom "3/4 inch wide and black with the text link in the center. I have done a little investigating and not sure where the problem lays. Maybe you could shed some light. If I could just call the text link menu with this theme it would be fabulous!! By the way I use your Cerberus theme now which is also great but this black22 takes the cake.

Thanks Much

bloc

Quote from: lostsole on March 30, 2006, 10:52:52 PM
can this theme support a shoutbox? rounded out its a good theme simple and clean. thanks a million bloc.

-LS

www.fazedmedia.net

It should. Just add the code where you need it, just as default theme.

bloc

Quote from: radmofo on April 01, 2006, 12:46:19 PM
Nice theme I love the "add button" feature for sure! I just have one thing to address, I use SSI to call the menu items to other pages ".shtml" and if I use this theme the buttons called are Approximatly 4 inches from top to bottom "3/4 inch wide and black with the text link in the center. I have done a little investigating and not sure where the problem lays. Maybe you could shed some light. If I could just call the text link menu with this theme it would be fabulous!! By the way I use your Cerberus theme now which is also great but this black22 takes the cake.

Thanks Much

The problem is that it use css mostly to render the menu. So you need to copy over the background image, and also add the style used in the menu. Look at style.css for this.

SlickRick

I new here. Hope this is the right place to post my questions.

Ok I have been racking my brain here I have been trying to edit the CSS from the black22 theme. And I have most of it how I want my board to look.  But I can't seem to find where the background code is to make that edit.

I am looking to make the outter boxes where my thread / title and discription is sitting.  I want to change the outter gray area to a different color.  And I have edited every color code, and tested it. But it does not change when I refresh the page.

Can someone maybe tell me where the call out code may be so I can edit it and test it on my board.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post my CSS so I wont.  If anyone can help I will email it.

And thanks in advance.

SlickRick

Quote from: SlickRick on July 21, 2006, 09:39:53 PM

Ok I have been racking my brain here I have been trying to edit the CSS from the black22 theme. And I have most of it how I want my board to look.  But I can't seem to find where the background code is to make that edit.

I am looking to make the outter boxes where my thread / title and discription is sitting.  I want to change the outter gray area to a different color.  And I have edited every color code, and tested it. But it does not change when I refresh the page.

Can someone maybe tell me where the call out code may be so I can edit it and test it on my board.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post my CSS so I wont.  If anyone can help I will email it.

And thanks in advance.

oops Also have another question
Can the phpbb themes be used on simplemachines script.

Thanks again

trenchteam

And thanks in advance.

There are a few hardcoded colors that cant be changed via the .css file. It took me awhile to find them all at shoyoroll.com   You just have to look in the files.  I think index.template.php and boardindex.php have most of them.

SlickRick

Quote from: sHoYoRoLL on July 22, 2006, 01:54:43 AM

And thanks in advance.

There are a few hardcoded colors that cant be changed via the .css file. It took me awhile to find them all at shoyoroll.com   You just have to look in the files.  I think index.template.php and boardindex.php have most of them.

Ok I looked at BoardIndex.php
I really do not know anything about php.  But I did look inside that file and did not see any #666666 (call out color code.  I know that is the color code I want to change to #000000).  And I did not see the file index.template.php at all.

Thanks for the help anyhow.

Ryogen

Hey man I have a problem with Black22. Why can't you view your sent messages? When I click sent messages, I see nothing.

bloc

Is this on SMF 1.1RC3?

Ryogen

Quote from: Bloc on August 31, 2006, 07:08:15 PM
Is this on SMF 1.1RC3?

O_O how can I tell? I'm on the latest verison of SMF. I always wondered what the RC3 was about.

bloc

Updated to work with SMF 1.1 RC3.

bloc

cyberdork33

Just for informational purposes, there seems to be an error generated by the MessageIndex.template.php file on line 111 if the Go Up/Down Buttons are not enabled. This doesn't effect the site layout as far as I can tell, but generates a lot of error messages in the Forum Log. You can check the box here.

Admin > Features and Options > Enable Go Up/Go Down buttons

Con

Although the tinyportal page said this theme would work on TP, it makes all the blocks disapear..?

bloc

It depends on whether you ahve TP isntalled or not(its a mod of its own) and what theme version you are using.

If blocks are missing, you either:

- have TP installed, but added the regular SMF Black22
- don't have TP installed, but added the TP version of Black22
- have TP installed and have added the TP version, but blocks haven't got the membergroup permission set correctly. As admin you will always see them though.

Con

where can I find the TP version of the theme then?

bloc

MichaelBa

Just installed your theme and I love it!  I have one problem though... sticky icons are not showing by the message subjects and I have sticky messages enabled.  What am I missing?

Michael

Advertisement: