[BUG?] $themes_dir variable in SMF 1.0.7

Started by Coar, April 09, 2006, 09:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coar

I'm currently working backwards in the versions of SMF from SMF 1.1 RC2-Beta 3 Public, 1.0.7-1.0 RC1 to apply my mod to all versions of SMF that can be selected in the Mod Edit.

I was able to successfully use the $themes_dir variable for all versions of SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public and higher, but on SMF 1.0.7 (my current step in the project) the package manager could not accept the $themes_dir variable.

I was able to find a work around by using the $themedir/../ in its place, but the output isn't as clean.

Is this a legitimate bug? or is this intentional?

Either way, does this apply through all versions of SMF below 1.0.7?
"There are four boxes in the defense of liberty. Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Ammo. Use in that order."

Coar

This is a fresh install of SMF 1.0.7 (as is the case for all of my versions of SMF) - no changes were made to the default installation other than the patch for 1.1 RC2
"There are four boxes in the defense of liberty. Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Ammo. Use in that order."

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Coar

nothing, specifically, but when i first build my mod for 1.1 RC2, it was suggested that i use $themes_dir instead for cleaner code and cleaner output

with $themedir/../classic/Display.template.php as the file location the output is:

./Themes/default/../classic/Display.template.php

whereas $themes_dir/classic/Display.template.php the output is:

./Themes/classic/Display.template.php

(im not saying you don't know, eldacar, just explaining it for others that might not)

oh, and i DO use $themedir for all my default theme files

Dannii

I didn't actually know there was a $themes_dir. There probably wasn't one in 1.0, so you'll just have to use $themedir
But really, shouldn't the only place you have to specify which theme is when you're installing? And it doesn't matter if it's not too neat then.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Coar

ok, thats fine.

I just got used to using $themes_dir after one of the devs had suggested it via PM, and i thought it may have been a bug in SMF 1.0.7 after it was unable to parse the variable.

Advertisement: