[DONE] Magic Llama mod

Started by Aquilo, April 04, 2004, 08:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babylonking

Quotethe only way I can reproduce this error is to comment out the whole function in karma.php

yes thanks that fixed  :)

7summits

Hey Aquilo,

besides the not moving bug I PM'ed you about I noticed that my caught llama totals appear in every users profile?!?
Although it only ads totals right at my own profile:
From my profile:
Altitude:  12 
Altitude: from Good Yak!:  +20/ Good Yak! Caught: 8 
Altitude: from Evil Yak!!:  -8/ Evil Yak!! Caught: 4 
From random other profile:
QuoteAltitude:  0 
Altitude: from Good Yak!:  +20/ Good Yak! Caught: 8 
Altitude: from Evil Yak!!:  -8/ Evil Yak!! Caught: 4 

???
Check out the modded http://7summits.com/forum for info about climbing the highest mountains on the 7 continents on earth!    Send my avatar as an ecard here :-)

7summits

The Magic Yak's have been freed!
Catch them to gain altitude!

Http://7summits.com/forum

members only, so sign up and post!

:D

or use test account llama pw: magic
8)
Check out the modded http://7summits.com/forum for info about climbing the highest mountains on the 7 continents on earth!    Send my avatar as an ecard here :-)

ROGUE-Master

Quote from: ROGUE-Master on April 07, 2004, 03:58:01 PM
Is there an actual full WORKING version of this with all these bugs fixed?

I repeat my question

7summits

Quote from: ROGUE-Master on April 08, 2004, 10:05:58 PM
Quote from: ROGUE-Master on April 07, 2004, 03:58:01 PM
Is there an actual full WORKING version of this with all these bugs fixed?

I repeat my question

Well I guess that's one way of increasing your post count.

Shall I just repeat my answer then:
Quote from: 7summits on April 08, 2004, 07:45:28 PM
The Magic Yak's have been freed!
Catch them to gain altitude!

Http://7summits.com/forum

members only, so sign up and post!

:D

or use test account llama pw: magic
8)

Admin screenshot proving Yak's were actually caught and not only by me:
http://7summits.com/forum/llamascreenshot.jpg

ROGUE-Master

I SAID LLAMAS NOT YAKS!! WHO CARES ABOUT STUPID YAKS!!!!

WE WANT WORKING LLAMA MOD WITH NONE OF THE ABOVE BUGS!!

scottb

Acf

Quote from: ROGUE-Master on April 09, 2004, 09:13:31 AM
I SAID LLAMAS NOT YAKS!! WHO CARES ABOUT STUPID YAKS!!!!

WE WANT WORKING LLAMA MOD WITH NONE OF THE ABOVE BUGS!!

Hey, cool down man. We don't wand to scare away the llama now do we :P
Sigh...

ROGUE-Master

So does anyone wanna repost link to bugless llama mod so I don't have to spend 15 seconds of my life searching through this thread?

scottb

Only bug I find is the one mentioned about your Llama stats showing up in other peoples profiles.

7summits

Quote from: scottb on April 28, 2004, 12:52:53 AM
Only bug I find is the one mentioned about your Llama stats showing up in other peoples profiles.
yep, and you can switch that off in settings, so no llamastats are showing.

Id id wonder about another possible bug: I noticed that when registered members go on the forum they get a lot of llama/yaks. Almost seems to me that pagecounts of guests count towards the chances of getting a llama, if you catch my drift?

I mean if 100 guests each view 2 pages, than there should have been 10 llamas (were they registered). But when I view my board after 200 guest page views I think I get those llama's thrown at me, looks like the llama mod is saving them up or something.
Does this make sense, is it true and can it be changed if it is?

ANd Rogue master, relax; if you cannot see the similarity between a working flying llama mod and a working flying yakmod (just one .gif) then it's no use trying to implement it anyway...

ROGUE-Master

It just takes too much work to rename a gif!! Ya know?!?!

Justyne

Notice: Undefined variable: modSettings in /home/magical/public_html/rpg/Themes/theme1/index.template.php on line 266

i keep getting this error. and the lama does not move.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

1979Z28

*brings back dead post*

From the last few posts, it appears as if this is extremely buggy... can anybody confirm if it works, and if so, which download to use for the 1.0 Public Beta? :P

Aquilo

well reading back past a few posts you'll notice the one to download hey the ones not to download are even distinctly separate from the one to download, there is only one bug that I can think of that is still on a few working installations and there is a built in feature to not show it called a (Work a round), as for that bug I'll fix it when I fix it. sorry to you and Justyne but I know I've pressed The Yabb SE/SMF developers in the past in fun but not with the ignorant attitude like in this thread, I was working hard and putting allot of time into this fixing bugs as they where found while helping install it for those who don't know how to install mods, and one ignorant user burnt that for me, I've had this kind of rude and obnoxious attitude thrown at me from someone happily using free web space from me, and I'm to the point that I will go through list terminating accounts the next obnoxious pm or email I get. sorry but if folks are going to get an ignorant, and obnoxious attitude for something then they can write it or get there own hosting or what ever, I've tired helping this community since a few months after YaBB first came out and have been treated like ****** ever since, so I'll fix it when I fix it, of it don't install for you pay someone who knows how to install mods/ if it don't work right wait to install it till it's fixed/ buy your own hosting/ write the mod your self! I've seen no one other then [unknown] offer any help other then debugging in the beginning but a few offering to help write it during the million topics on it, the fix for the profile stats bug is really quite simple! and to be honest I have no idea if it works with (1.0 beta 5). at this point I'm tired of helping people who have no inclination of helping them selves yet will tell you where your wrong!

scottb

Fizzy

Hey there Aquilo,
Take a deep breath there matey. I have to agree that some of the posts on this one have been a bit OTT and a few have even been down right rude towards you, but that doesn't mean that the silent majority (such as myself) don't see your efforts for what they are. 
It's obvious that you have worked hard getting this mod together, try not to let the minority get to you.

Keep up the good work and thanks for taking the time to do it.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

BigMike

That is sooooo fricken awesome Aquilo!!!

I came to SMF to get the upgrade to Beta 5 and for some reason I just decided to search for any news on the Llama script AND BOY WAS I HAPPILY SUPPRISED!!!!

You've out done everyone who scripts by taking this bold move to get the Magic Llama script alive!

I just wanted to let you know that I installed your Llama mod after upgrading to Beta 5 and it works GREAT except for a small bug in the profile. Every member has the same # of good and evil points listed, however the overall point total is unique depending on the captures..

The only thing was a version difference with the Sources/ModSettings.php file.

The lines:

array('text', 'karmaSmiteLabel', $karmaLabels[1]),
array('text', 'karmaApplaudLabel', $karmaLabels[2]),

have been changed to:

array('text', 'karmaApplaudLabel'),
array('text', 'karmaSmiteLabel'),

So that's the only change that effects the install of your Llama mod onto the new Beta 5 version.

My Llama are running free over at my forum!! Thanks times infinity!

A couple suggestions for any updates (if I have time and the know-how, then I will attempt these myself if thats ok):
- A way to place a cap on the total # of Llama released.
-- Also have this set by the hour too. Like "no more than 10 new llamas per hour" or something...
- Not to release any more Llama's until a % of the currently released amount is captured, or maybe a minimum number of Llamas out type thing.

Thanks again a billion times!!!

You are my hero *swoon*

Regards,
BigMike

BigMike

Ah, one last thing.. I don't know how to write this so I've gotta request it.

In the Statistics Center I would like it to show the top 10 Karma Point leaders (in this case the Magic Llama points).

I remember on my old YaBB SE I had it working but I dont know how to work with MySQL so well yet...

Thanks again
BigMike

Aquilo

OK! first Thank you BigMike! 8)

I updated the mod to 0.6 adding BigMike's fix for SMF 1.0 Beta 5 Pubic and fixed the profile bug.

My Profile: http://www.aquilo.us/NorthWinds/index.php?action=profile;u=1
My FireFox bot: http://www.aquilo.us/NorthWinds/index.php?action=profile;u=15

Here is the download link
http://www.xtram.net/index.php?op=download;id=19

I have no problem what so ever installing this! install the db file so you don't get those errors mod and upload the file and poof! it works! this is the only mod on my northwinds forum if you have other mods installed I can't help that, I don't have time to help teach folks how to install mods because I work 12 hours a day if I could make a living installing mods I would work 24 hours a day here at home, my point, you need to learn someday! setup a test forum and learn your way around the code same as I did!
Quotestarting log...
script path: C:\Documents and Settings\Aquilo.XTRAM-ONE\Desktop\northwinds_forum\index.php
detected script: autodetect failed
selected script: SMF 1.0 Beta 5 Pubic
installed mods: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now installing: Magic Llama Mod Full 0.6 (Magic_Llama_mod_0.6.mod)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 ... ok
Step 2 ... ok
Step 3 ... ok
Step 4 ... ok
Step 5 ... ok
Step 6 ... ok
Step 7 ... ok
Step 8 ... ok
Step 9 ... ok
Step 10 ... ok
Step 11 ... ok
Step 12 ... ok