Google Talk Field

Started by Aaron, June 04, 2006, 03:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

Link to Mod

This mod adds an extra field for Google Talk accounts to the popular messengers list.

Version history:
Version 1.0.2:
- Made the mod compatible with SMF 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3;

Version 1.0.1:
- Made the mod compatible with SMF 1.1 RC3;
- Fixed an undefined index error;

ghostfreak

Wahey at last a googletalk mod!

http://www.xfilesforum.net - Dare To Believe?
http://www.idealforum.co.uk - The Green Blitz!

stefano8663

I've installed it, but it doesn't show up anywhere. I cannot see the field to insert the Google Talk username, it's supposed to be in user profile. I use SMF rc2, and I don't use the defaul theme. But the small icon should be in themes/default/images I guess, and it's not. Any idea to fix it? Thank you  ;D

ghostfreak

You'll have to modify the actual files it modifies in the default theme.

http://www.xfilesforum.net - Dare To Believe?
http://www.idealforum.co.uk - The Green Blitz!

stefano8663

lol Ghost, the problem is that I ain't got a single clue about HOW heheh  :D

Gary

heh, just a little mention, this sorta identical to my Gmail Field mod, only this works for RC2...

So, its effectivly better than my gmail field mod. ;)

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Minsh

Quote from: stefano8663 on June 08, 2006, 05:57:04 AM
lol Ghost, the problem is that I ain't got a single clue about HOW heheh  :D

I ain't too ^^

linuxcat

I was getting an error log filled with Undefined variable: message every time someone viewed a profile.  I found the culprit in this mod.  I am running SMF 1.1RC3.
I changed 1 line in Profile.template.php

<td>' .(!empty($context['member']['options']['gtalk']) ? '<a href="mailto:' . $message['member']['options']['gtalk'] . '">'.$context['member']['options']['gtalk'].'</a>' : ''). '</td>

To:
<td>' .(!empty($context['member']['options']['gtalk']) ? '<a href="mailto:' . $context['member']['options']['gtalk'] . '">'.$context['member']['options']['gtalk'].'</a>' : ''). '</td>

nitse

Hello,
I'm running 1.1 RC3 too and when I tried to install this mod this error appeared:

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Install Actions
2.     Execute Modification     modification.xml     Modification parse error
3.    Execute Modification    -                         Modification parse error

I did the changes that linuxcat mentioned but at the modification.xml file not at the Profile.template.php
and nothinh happened!
Can you help me? I really want to install this mod! It's very useful!
Thank's!
And

nitse

Laibeus Lord

I'm getting forum errors (via log file):

(and the URL being reported isn't the correct link to the profile that produced the error)
8: Undefined index: options
File: /home/laibcom/public_html/boards/Themes/leviathan/Profile.template.php (eval?)
Line: 1595

and

8: Undefined index: gtalk
File: /home/laibcom/public_html/boards/Themes/leviathan/Profile.template.php (eval?)
Line: 1595

I tested this with the core theme and other themes just in case and triple-checked the theme edits, all are fine and correct, and the error appears to any themes under v1.1 RC3.

Thanks!!

cachaceirovirtual

Não há acções de instalação ou desinstalação definidas!

MattJ

Btw this updated zip contains the package file that will work with 1.1.2

sjb

I've made an alternative gtalk.gif for people to use if they want:

shaiss

installed this, no errors, but I dont see the google talk field anywhere.  What needs to be modified to get this working?
-Shai
If you ride on two wheels you need to ocmoto.com!

Gary

If you're using a custom theme that has it's own Display.template.php and/or Profile.template.php then you'd need to edit those files.

-ALM
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Aaron

Just released a new version that's also compatible with the recent versions of the SMF 1.1 branch. :)

Yigal

SMF Version: SMF 1.1.3
Can anyone please tell me how to put the GMAIL Icon in the memberlist? Like I installed the google talk mod and its only in the profile, How can I make it show in the Memberlist?

Please I need replys!
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

Yigal

Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support

Yigal

Now this is just cruel, no ones replying and its been 2 days
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

Advertisement: