News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Quick Question About Log In Window

Started by Uhura!, October 26, 2012, 08:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Uhura!

:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Uhura!

Done! Very good help thanks

Looks OK. I would like to move the blue login block up a little...it seems to be sitting on the purple bar. How can I do that? :)
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

mashby

Hmm...my CSS skills aren't as good as others...I am a little confused as to the construction of it all. :)
What I'm seeing is that radius corners aren't being applied to the whole container...well, it's being applied, but we're running out of real estate for it to complete.

I think I found a combination that should work...in the CSS file,
Find:
#top_section
{
min-height: 45px;
overflow: hidden;
margin-top: 10px;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
}

Replace with:
#top_section
{
min-height: 45px;
overflow: hidden;
margin-top: 10px;
}
We're removing the bottom margin of 10...and then adding it here, so,
Find:
#upper_section
{
overflow:visible;
padding: 5px;
height:142px;
}

Replace with:
#upper_section
{
overflow:visible;
padding: 5px;
height:152px;
}
- James M. Barrie

Uhura!

Not a good idea form me  unfortunately... When logged in - it looks bad.

I will leave as is.

I really do appreciate your help!

Please tell me about the typo when you can :D

mashby

Mind providing a screen shot for the logged in view? Or perhaps PMing me a test user? Might help with looking at that Twitter thing too.
- James M. Barrie

Uhura!

Quote from: monster mashby on October 26, 2012, 10:22:19 PM
Mind providing a screen shot for the logged in view? Or perhaps PMing me a test user? Might help with looking at that Twitter thing too.

Sure ...but I already changed it back :)

mashby

That's good if it looked funny when logged in. :)

Didn't even consider the implications of a logged in user.
- James M. Barrie

Uhura!

And then it depends on the size of the avatar! If someone has a smaller avatar, it looks bad to move it up.

mashby

Which avatar should I select? I have the pink NFL football picked at the moment and tweaked the CSS via Firebug to the suggestions I made and it looked OK there. Maybe I don't have the content you have though. Besides the avatar, I have:
QuoteHello mashby
    Show unread posts since last visit.
    Show new replies to your posts.
    October 26, 2012, 10:32:47 PM
- James M. Barrie

Uhura!

Quote from: monster mashby on October 26, 2012, 10:35:13 PM
Which avatar should I select? I have the pink NFL football picked at the moment and tweaked the CSS via Firebug to the suggestions I made and it looked OK there. Maybe I don't have the content you have though. Besides the avatar, I have:
QuoteHello mashby
    Show unread posts since last visit.
    Show new replies to your posts.
    October 26, 2012, 10:32:47 PM

You may try different ones...  Check this out - perfect example...

mashby

Ah ok...I just used Firebug to change my avatar to yours (skateboard one). What are your settings for avatar sizes?
Admin > Forum > Attachments and Avatars > Avatar Settings
Specifically...height of external avatar and height of uploaded avatar
- James M. Barrie

Antechinus

You can scale avs to suit the container if you want to. As an example, if you have the avatar image sitting inside a div or anchor or whatever that has id="wombats", this will work in the css:

#wombats {
    max-width: 100px;
    max-height: 100px;
}
#wombats img {
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
}

You might also want to set minimum dimensions for your pet wombats. Adjust to whatever works. The point is that this will preserve image proportions, while automatically scaling the image up or down to fit the insides of the wombats. :)

Uhura!

Quote from: monster mashby on October 26, 2012, 10:44:45 PM
Ah ok...I just used Firebug to change my avatar to yours (skateboard one). What are your settings for avatar sizes?
Admin > Forum > Attachments and Avatars > Avatar Settings
Specifically...height of external avatar and height of uploaded avatar

Hello :D

See my attachment...

mashby

Option 1: Decrease the height of the avatar to something like 135.
Option 2: Put this in the index.css file (excellent idea there, Ant! :)):
p.avatar {
    max-width: 100px;
    max-height: 135px;
    overflow:hidden;
}
p.avatar img {
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
}
- James M. Barrie

Uhura!

What's the exact filepath? I would like to try this :)

mashby

- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: