SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frosted

yea i dled 2.3.1 but it has like 10 times more files then 2.3 did so thats what threw me off and i finally got my site with its old theme and everything working with rc2.0 aall i need is this mod and time to re organize. i started to do the file edits but im seeing that what u have to replace is in multiple spots in some cases. like one edit could be on line 354 then again on line 654
so am i sopposed to replace both of them?

adbrad

i think you would be better off using 2.3.1 and doing a auto install through pakage manager this version was written for rc2

frosted

yea i have 2.3.1.. thats the one that im trying to use for my site which is rc2

lol we are on the same page untille we get to the file edits. but ur saying use an auto install thru package manager?

didnt know there was such a thing

adbrad

admin>packages>download packages then at the bottom choose the zip file and click upload then it will give you option to install mod this is how i installed simple portal

Danpotter

Shout Loading is damn slow and also appearing shouts is also very slow.....

frosted

ok well this mod is the only one i have installed.. is ne one else having problems with the topics?

www.klawgaming.com [nofollow]

for me i can get to the forum page but when i try and get to a sub topic. (child of) it gives me a blank page with nothing on it but the banner

adbrad

Quote from: frosted on January 26, 2010, 01:52:16 AM
ok well this mod is the only one i have installed.. is ne one else having problems with the topics?

www.klawgaming.com

for me i can get to the forum page but when i try and get to a sub topic. (child of) it gives me a blank page with nothing on it but the banner

i'm getting the same have you tried on the default theme to see if its a theme issue.

frosted

******..... it is the theme thats doin it then.. thank your for that i wouldnt have though to change the theme... i know that this isnt a simple portal problem but would ne one knonw how to fix it?

CrisisX

If my page ID is "one" what is my page URL?

reignmack

Can anybody help I have been getting the following error in the logs
19c9052f64ca52d6af6f5535b5069f9a
http://www.***.co.uk/index.php?topic=298.msg2774;topicseen
8: Undefined index: description
File: /home/*****/public_html/******.co.uk/Themes/default/languages/MGallery.english.php (portal_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 64

:-\

mbanusick2

Where do i locate the settings 4 this Mod in My Admin Cpanel in 2.0

adbrad

flamechica

I've always used a premium ShoutMix Shoutbox on my forum due to several features that they offer. InSMF 1.1.11, I placed the shoutbox in a custom PHP block and it worked great. Now that I am using SMF 2.0 RC2, I placed the same code into a custom PHP block and it keeps telling me that there is a syntax error in the block code. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The code I used is this (the things in bold I edited out for my privacy):

global $context;

if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
{
   echo 'You are not allowed to view shoutbox!';
   return;
}

$unique_code = 'CODEHERE';

$url_vars = htmlspecialchars('&name=' . rawurlencode($context['user']['name']) . '&code=' . md5($context['user']['name'] . $unique_code));

echo '
<iframe title="SBName" src="SBURL', $url_vars, '" width="200" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto">
<a href="SBURL">View shoutbox</a>
</iframe>';

kingkingston

rgecy

I am having a problem with Recent Gallery Images not showing.  They showed for the first few times I viewed the portal but now they are not showing at all.

I have the new Aeva Media mod installed.

adbrad

Quote from: rgecy on February 04, 2010, 03:56:46 AM
I am having a problem with Recent Gallery Images not showing.  They showed for the first few times I viewed the portal but now they are not showing at all.

I have the new Aeva Media mod installed.

this was discussed earlier in the thread take a look at the messages following this one
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg2466323#msg2466323

rgecy

Not sure where that code needs to be placed.  It just says in a php block?

This is the error I get when I edit the Gallery Block and go to preview.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare allowedtoaccessalbum() (previously declared in /home/content/r/g/e/rgecy1/html/forums/Sources/Aeva-Subs.php:616) in /home/content/r/g/e/rgecy1/html/forums/Sources/Subs-MGallery.php on line 590

adbrad

go to add block chose custom php block then enter the code in there.

rgecy

The code displays the images horizontally.  Any idea how i can make them vertical.  My Recent Gallery Images are in the right blocks.

Thanks,

RGecy

Advertisement: