News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Two nights forum won't load

Started by pbliss, October 07, 2014, 06:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbliss

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

My forum runs fine during the day and then last night and tonight it won't load.

http://gamblingmojocommunity.com/smf/index.php [nofollow]

Really frustrating. Usually all is well and fine!

mashby

Which version of SMF is/was it? This is definitely not the right board. I'm thinking this should be moved to the 2.0.x Support board.

Although it seems to be more of a hosting/server issue as this URL doesn't do much either:
http://gamblingmojocommunity.com/
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

pbliss

I'm thinking it may be a server issue as well. Thank you for the reply Mashby. Could you direct me to the proper place, I'm not 2.0. I'm 19.9.

Deaks

it sounds like their could be a high server load at these times? who are you hosted with?

Also an staff member will move this to correct board i am sure :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: pbliss on October 07, 2014, 06:55:15 PM
I'm thinking it may be a server issue as well. Thank you for the reply Mashby. Could you direct me to the proper place, I'm not 2.0. I'm 19.9.

Why was this moved from 1.1.x support to 2.0.x???

mashby

- James M. Barrie

mashby

OK, your site domain redirects to the smf/ folder which is fine and both seem operational. Have you been in contact with your host to see if they might have been having server issues?
- James M. Barrie

pbliss

I have contacted my server and they have set me on a more reliable application and all seems to be well now! Thank you for your kind assistance.

pbliss

The forum loads but the Newsletter still won't send. Just waiting. Usually it updates % but just hanging up.

kat

That'll be another one for your host. They might well have restrictions on the number of mails that can be sent in a certain amount of time.

Advertisement: