News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Loading an alternate CSS file for some boards

Started by @rjen, February 17, 2019, 02:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

On my 2.0.15 forum I have a number of boards that are only accessible to certain member groups.

To make it very clear to these members that they are in the special boards I have applied a simple fix to load an alternative .css file for these boards. Solution used in 2.0.15 from here: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=533617

I do not want to apply a completely different theme to these boards...

My old code:

// nodig om een ander Stylesheet te kiezen per board
$club = array('44','5','6','45','9','64','60','62','53','72','61','54','7','55','10','56','36','13','11','12','27','29','30','14','15','16','17','73');

if(!empty($GLOBALS['board']) &&  in_array($GLOBALS['board'], $club))
{
echo'<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index', $context['theme_variant'],'_club.css?fin20" />';
}
else
{
echo'<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index', $context['theme_variant'], '.css?fin20" />';
}

Looking to do the same in 2.1 RC1 but it needs a different approach it seems: either using  template_css(); function of maybe use a similar code in index.template.php.

My old code does not work: it seems that the $settings['theme_url'] is now $context['smf_theme_url'], but it still does not work to make the switch.

Can anyone help how to apply this trick in SMF 2.1?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Gwenwyfar

Use the #board_N ID on the container of each board section. There is a class on the html body as well, if you need it inside a board.

@rjen

Thanks for the hint, but thats a bit too cryptic for me... use the board_n ID how?
I am proficient in reading and manipulating existing code, but building from scratch is above my skill level.

SychO

you can load css files before the call to template_css() function, however I recommend you use the loadCSSFile() function to enable file minimization and possibly other custom settings

the code would be like this

// nodig om een ander Stylesheet te kiezen per board
$club = array('44','5','6','45','9','64','60','62','53','72','61','54','7','55','10','56','36','13','11','12','27','29','30','14','15','16','17','73');

if(!empty($GLOBALS['board']) &&  in_array($GLOBALS['board'], $club))
{
$settings['disable_files'][] = 'smf_index';
loadCSSFile('index_club.css', array('minimize' => true));
}

I haven't tested the code but it should work, just make sure you use it before template_css()

a list of parameters from Load.php

* @param string $fileName The name of the file to load
* @param array $params An array of parameters
* Keys are the following:
* - ['external'] (true/false): define if the file is a externally located file. Needs to be set to true if you are loading an external file
* - ['default_theme'] (true/false): force use of default theme url
* - ['force_current'] (true/false): if this is false, we will attempt to load the file from the default theme if not found in the current theme
*  - ['validate'] (true/false): if true script will validate the local file exists
*  - ['rtl'] (string): additional file to load in RTL mode
*  - ['seed'] (true/false/string): if true or null, use cache stale, false do not, or used a supplied string
*  - ['minimize'] boolean to add your file to the main minimized file. Useful when you have a file thats loaded everywhere and for everyone.
*  - ['order_pos'] int define the load order, when not define it's loaded in the middle, before index.css = -500, after index.css = 500, middle = 3000, end (i.e. after responsive.css) = 10000
* @param string $id An ID to stick on the end of the filename for caching purposes
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

SychO

oh & you'd also have to add $settings to the globals
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

@rjen

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: @rjen on February 17, 2019, 02:48:54 PM
Thanks for the hint, but thats a bit too cryptic for me... use the board_n ID how?
I am proficient in reading and manipulating existing code, but building from scratch is above my skill level.

It's to use in the css. The boards are already named in 2.1

@rjen

Quote from: Gwenwyfar on February 17, 2019, 03:25:31 PM
Quote from: @rjen on February 17, 2019, 02:48:54 PM

It's to use in the css. The boards are already named in 2.1

I did not get that from your first post. Interesting option though: will check that out too...

@rjen

Checked it out. The board ID's may be useful to control board icons on the board index, but what I have with the css-switch is actually a bit more suitable for what I need.

But thanks for the tip

Advertisement: