Setting up attachment viewing for specific users.

Started by User2, November 07, 2023, 04:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

User2

I would like such an adjustment to appear in SMF.

When any user, except the administrator, puts an attachment on the forum, this attachment should be visible only to the author and the administrator.

When the administrator puts an attachment, the forum should give the administrator a choice: the attachment is visible to everyone, the attachment is visible only to the author of the topic and the administrator.

What is it for? Users sometimes attach files with personal information: in the file properties there is personal information (full name), in the text of the file there may be personal data: full name, addresses.

Now I just manually delete files, but often several views have already been done.

Kindred

in short.... I don't see a wide use for this. Your use case is a very edge/rare case and, IMO, there are better ways to do this sort of thing without corrupting the attachment system.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

In other words, the chances of this happening are extremely unlikely. You could request a mod for it here:

Mod Requests
DO NOT pm me for support!

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Illori

User2

Illori, what is "SimpleDesk"? What is the way to it?

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

if you have post moderation enabled you can set it for attachments to require approval to be visible. then you set which groups can approve items waiting approval.

Advertisement: