News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Adding Keywords ??

Started by Doug Varrieur, March 02, 2010, 09:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Varrieur

I'm new to the forum and have just added it to my web site. I've always edited my sites with Frontpage. I'd like to add some keywords to the new site I'm using for my forum.... any suggestions as to how?

spritzer

If you mean Meta keywords, they're configurable in the admin panel in 2.0 - Admin > Configuration > Features > Layout > Meta keywords associated with forum.

I read somewhere, that you can also modify the keywords yourself by changing index.template.php for your theme, but don't hold me to that as l've not done it myself.

Doug Varrieur

Thanks again for your help. I don't have the "meta keywords" option, here's what I have for choices;

Layout and Options
Limit number of displayed page links   
Contiguous pages to display:
"3" to display: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 9
"5" to display: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enable "Today" feature  Disabled Only Today Today & Yesterday 
Enable Go Up/Go Down buttons   
Show online/offline in posts and PMs   
Show a quick login on every page   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members per page in member list   

Display time taken to create every page   
Disable hostname lookups?   

Enable who's online list 

spritzer

What version are you running, in mine (SMF 2.0 RC2) it's in between 'Display time taken to create every page' and 'Enable who's online list' ?

sAce

Quote from: spritzer on March 03, 2010, 05:08:36 AM
What version are you running, in mine (SMF 2.0 RC2) it's in between 'Display time taken to create every page' and 'Enable who's online list' ?
The OP is obviously not using SMF 2.0 ,

spritzer

Quote from: S-Ace on March 03, 2010, 06:44:21 AM
Quote from: spritzer on March 03, 2010, 05:08:36 AM
The OP is obviously not using SMF 2.0 ,
I bow to your superior knowledge.

However, in an effort to help, l had a look around and l found this information on how to edit your theme if SMF 1.1
QuoteGo to Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout > Modify Themes > Select you theme > then edit the file index.template.php

Search for these default keywords by typing Ctrl + f    PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum

Replace them with your own keywords.
As i've said l have not done this so can't say what effect it will have, suggest you do a search on here as well just to confirm, but hope it is of some use.

Note: It might also be worth asking a mod to move this to a support forum, where you may get more replies.

Advertisement: