News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Thank-O-Matic

Started by enik, June 12, 2007, 12:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ディン1031

Hum the blog system make the problem...
Which Blog System did you've installed? (i can never make it compatible to that Mod, but i must write some comments about this on my first post) ;)

Attached the fixed Version.

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

ai_yazawa

scsmilin

This is what I get>

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

12.     Execute Modification     ./ssi_examples.php     Test failed

I'm using version 1.16 of smf........any help? In other words, is it ok to go ahead and install it because this 'examples' file is just not necessary or what?

ディン1031

Quote from: scsmilin on October 10, 2008, 08:21:39 PM
This is what I get>

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

I'm using version 1.16 of smf........any help? In other words, is it ok to go ahead and install it because this 'examples' file is just not necessary or what?
If that the only error you've than i think you can live with the error ;). Because it show only how to use some informations about Thank-O-Matic on SSI Page.

Bye
DIN1031

barcelona

Does this MOD work with the pn-pn 1.1.1  theme ???

Thanks!!!!!

ディン1031

Quote from: barcelona on October 13, 2008, 03:38:10 PM
Does this MOD work with the pn-pn 1.1.1  theme ???

Thanks!!!!!
I don't know ;).

Bye
DIN1031

Barish

there is a problem with turkish language files.
we download english files instead of turkish files!

there are not turkish files for SMF 2.0 Beta 4... only english files! 

please help me :)

thanks

scsmilin

Quote from: ディン1031 on October 13, 2008, 02:07:07 AM
Quote from: scsmilin on October 10, 2008, 08:21:39 PM
This is what I get>

If that the only error you've than i think you can live with the error ;). Because it show only how to use some informations about Thank-O-Matic on SSI Page.

Bye
DIN1031

Unfortunately that did not work at all. I am now in the process of reinstalling my forum just because of all the errors this produced.

Warning: file_get_contents(chats/home.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web06/b987/pow.unigirl1972/htdocs/forum/yshout/yshout.php on line 717

is but ONE of the many errors and that was just in chat. Errors also occur trying to remove posts on a 'thank you' board- even trying to remove the board itself created errors. So may try another version later, may not but thanks for your help!

ディン1031

Quote from: NIBOGO on October 15, 2008, 09:07:16 PM
DIN1031 you can add ajax for the smf 1.1.X version??

Thanks for the answer
For this i need to rewrite the code, like i did for the smf 2.0 version...
It's possible but i need some time for this ;).

QuoteWarning: file_get_contents(chats/home.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web06/b987/pow.unigirl1972/htdocs/forum/yshout/yshout.php on line 717

This is not coming from my mod oO.

Normal my mod try to remove all thank you post information if you remove a board.

Bye
DIN1031

scsmilin

QuoteWarning: file_get_contents(chats/home.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web06/b987/pow.unigirl1972/htdocs/forum/yshout/yshout.php on line 717

This is not coming from my mod oO.

Normal my mod try to remove all thank you post information if you remove a board.
[/quote]

No that's not your mod...that's what your mod ended up doing. Throwing errors here and there. I attempted to remove the ONLY thank you board I made, that ended in errors. So I then went to uninstall the mod and that ended up destroying my database of more than 100 members and 3000 posts. At this point I have no forum what so ever so I have to start it all again.....only I know what mod not to use this time. And for the future, warn people not to go ahead with an install when they get the error

12.     Execute Modification     ./ssi_examples.php     Test failed

from attempting to install from the get go because apparently it DOES matter.

Anyway, thanks.

ディン1031

Quote12.     Execute Modification     ./ssi_examples.php     Test failed
This will not produce an error that you mentioned... because that file show only examples... and if you not use ssi you will never look at the file to see what is possible with smf ssi...

"I attempted to remove the ONLY thank you board I made"
So removed the board with the SMF Board function? Or how did you remove that? :X

I'm sure that my mod will not cause an error like that... but i will test it, if there is a bug in it...
But normal if smf remove an board, than my thank-o-matic will be automatic remove the information out of his table. Only the count will be not changed for the users. So i don't understand how it can be destroy your forum, if there was no error message or anything like that. Normal there must be a huge error or anything like that, only than this could be happen. For example a timeout or a sever crash by doing that... How large was the board with the thank you in it?

And what is the error now that you can not fix it?

Bye
DIN1031

scsmilin

well i'm just not sure what to tell you... that was the only 'error' i got installing the mod. I made a thank you board with no problem. I posted ONE post to the board with the hide tags- it did not hide the content. I didn't have time to fool with why that didn't work so I first...

attempted to delete the post - that created an error, so then

I went back to admin to delete the board completely - that ended in an error stating my database had problems, so then

i went in to uninstall the mod YES I KNOW THE PROPER WAY IN ADMIN to install and uninstall mods- that seemed to work but in reality it did not. You could still see like the tab in the admin area for managing the layout or what have you- I still could not delete the original post nor the original board, so then

I reinstalled the mod and attempted to uninstall once again and that was the end of the forum.

So as to what happened, I have no clue. I had even made backups, but those wouldn't work again either sooo I"m now reinstalling fresh and the first mod I'm going to try is yours. If the problems occur this time, I will leave you a link so you can see them for yourself. If I don't come back, the mod worked and if needed in the future, I'll remember to install your thank you mod first. So thanks again!

Quote from: ディン1031 on October 17, 2008, 12:56:57 AM
Quote12.     Execute Modification     ./ssi_examples.php     Test failed
This will not produce an error that you mentioned... because that file show only examples... and if you not use ssi you will never look at the file to see what is possible with smf ssi...

"I attempted to remove the ONLY thank you board I made"
So removed the board with the SMF Board function? Or how did you remove that? :X

I'm sure that my mod will not cause an error like that... but i will test it, if there is a bug in it...
But normal if smf remove an board, than my thank-o-matic will be automatic remove the information out of his table. Only the count will be not changed for the users. So i don't understand how it can be destroy your forum, if there was no error message or anything like that. Normal there must be a huge error or anything like that, only than this could be happen. For example a timeout or a sever crash by doing that... How large was the board with the thank you in it?

And what is the error now that you can not fix it?

Bye
DIN1031

4b11l

EDIT:

How can I use a template/style on the Thank You area?
Like an example, I want to put it into a "quote" type box to better distinguish it from the rest of the post.

I don't know how to do it in css or php. Can anyone help me?
It says I can do it by adding ThankOMatic in the css by creating a class, but I don't know how.

darkshadow_xx

Hello ディン1031,

one simple? problem with your mod...

I'm using smf 1.1.6 with Aa_New_Damage theme.
I installed this mod with no problems, turned it on in the features section,
and on the board & in permissions.  It shows up fine in the profile & admin
section... but the board switch "Enable Thank-O-Matic
This option enable the "Thank You" for posts on this board" will not remembered, if i set this switch and reload the page, the checkbox is unchecked again....

All the other switches are remembered ok...

Maybe i have done a misstake by editing the custom theme ???

I have edited "ManageBoards.php" and "Subs-Boards.php" and the Theme "DisplayTemplate.php" by hand, because the installer fail (reason 30 mods installed, so some of the expected lines are altered and could not find by the installer)

Please explain how the checkboxes remembered, wich table is the value stored and from which file the table will be altered ???

I have included my edited files...

Thanks

darkshadow_xx

ok, have done some test in the sql database and i noticed that the "thank_you_post_enable" row in the smf_boards table all set to 1, if i modifie to 0 then the option is marked in the checkbox after refresh, so the fact is that the this table section will not be updated...

darkshadow_xx

I have solved this problem...

now i have to check if the mod works...

l8er

ディン1031

Quote from: darkshadow_xx on October 20, 2008, 11:34:09 AM
ok, have done some test in the sql database and i noticed that the "thank_you_post_enable" row in the smf_boards table all set to 1, if i modifie to 0 then the option is marked in the checkbox after refresh, so the fact is that the this table section will not be updated...
Because my mod is standard disabled, not enabled. (And because of a mistake i made... 1 is disabled <<.)

Bye
DIN1031

4b11l

Quote from: 4b11l on October 19, 2008, 01:24:42 AM
EDIT:

How can I use a template/style on the Thank You area?
Like an example, I want to put it into a "quote" type box to better distinguish it from the rest of the post.

I don't know how to do it in css or php. Can anyone help me?
It says I can do it by adding ThankOMatic in the css by creating a class, but I don't know how.

Bump. I really want to use this feature.

Advertisement: