News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Auto Lock Old Topics

Started by vbgamer45, August 06, 2009, 12:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on February 17, 2011, 02:19:30 PM
I don't do 1.1 mods, even for money, sorry.

OK Sir .. Gotcha :P
2.0 Really made allot of people throw in the 1.1.x towel :D

That's the main downfall i see with 1.1.x .. Mods .. So easy to install mods on 2.0, should have been that way from day 1 :P
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

I don't even do 2.0 mods except in case of emergency, these days.

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on February 17, 2011, 02:23:41 PM
I don't even do 2.0 mods except in case of emergency, these days.

o ok .. i see
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

zzuzu

Is there chance for 2.0 RC4? With switching from RC3 to RC4, mod stopped working which is sad. But if you don't have time for it, I completely understand. But still... thank you for your hard work :)

Arantor

The upgrade would have uninstalled the mod but I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to reinstall it.

WasdMan

Arantor

That's just the scheduled task. The actual configuration is in Admin > Configuration > Modifications...

Black Viper

Auto Lock Old Topics does not have the option to install on SMF 2.0 RC4 as the "install" link is absent, but I just faked it out by setting the advanced option to SMF RC3 and install as well as "run now" worked. Whether or not it will do so tomorrow, I do not know.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate your efforts Arantor.

Interested bystander

I installed this on my 2.0.1 forum using the emulation option and emulated 2.0 RC1 when I installed it.   A user in the 2.x support forum who had done this said that it worked fine for him.   Unfortunately even though it says the install was successful and functionality should be available I have been unable to find the location for setting the time for locking topics, or anything else related to this mod.    I asked in the original topic but was told I should repost the question here.   Can anyone give me the path in 2.0.1 to find the fields for entering the length of time before topics are automatically locked?

live627

Shambles

Admin > Configuration > Modification Settings... > Auto Lock

Interested bystander

hamre

Is there any mod like this for 2.0.2?

Arantor

I see no reason why this shouldn't work on 2.0.2 with a little persuasion. See the wiki on 'how to run mods that are for a different version of SMF'

amiralib

its very useful
please upgrade for 2.02

usa4all

I parsed the and add them manually to my 2.0.2 version.  Ik can see the settings and save them. The only thing is that i don't find it back in scheduled tasks.

Is there any one who got this working in 2.0.2?

Arantor

You didn't complete the manual installation, there is a database query which has to be run too, as per the installer.

usa4all

You mean this:
Quote./Sources/ScheduledTasks.php
Vind (op het einde van het bestand): [Selecteer]

?>

Ervoor toevoegen: [Selecteer]

function scheduled_autoLock()
{
   global $modSettings, $sourcedir, $mbname, $txt, $smcFunc, $scripturl;

// Need this in order to load the language files.
   loadEssentialThemeData();

$boards_to_lock = array();

// work out which boards we will be looking at
   $settings = array_keys($modSettings);
   foreach($settings as $setting) {
      if(substr($setting, 0, 8) == 'autoLock') {
         $thissetting = (int) substr($setting, 9);
         if($modSettings[$setting] > 0)
            $boards_to_lock[] = $thissetting;
      }
   }

I dit that part..

NanoSector

no, there's a file included int he package, probably some kind of Install.php, upload that to the SMF root directory and run it from there.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: