SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memyselfandI

Quote from: memyselfandI on August 03, 2008, 03:17:37 PM
Anyone know how to fix this error?

Undefined index: sbox_TypeShout

Never mind I changed the language to just english and it works. The features and options now works too.  :D

trekkie2444

Thank you, uploading now.

trekkie2444

Still getting the same error message when I upload that package to my forum.

DarkAngel612

you are using version 1.1.5 of smf software right?

after all this and if you tried version 1.20 that I attached to my post then you will probably need to manually edit the files to install it.

in admin section where you upload the package...have you tried getting it from there at the smf site? maybe getting it straight that way might work...otherwise you will need to manually edit the files.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

trekkie2444

I didn't understand a single word of that post. Upload it from the SMF site?

DarkAngel612

same place you go in admin to upload the package from your computer is the option to directly get it from smf mods...assuming from the wording.

try that, yes
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Kylezz

Wow I never stop downloading theese kinds of mods  :-*
Why do i post alot? I am not a leecher.

trekkie2444

When clicking the download button:

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. 

Back

DarkAngel612

i would say then the admins need to take a peek at it...might be corrupted somehow.

which means you will need to manually install by editing the files

trekkie2444

How do I contact them?

DarkAngel612

Go HERE for the contact form.

Have your info of software version, shoutbox giving you trouble with link, error message and they should be able to check it out...otherwise manual installation is in your future

it really is not as hard as it sounds, just takes concentration to not get lost in the code you copy paste to the proper file then upload to overwrite the ones on the server (working on duplicates that is to preserve the originals)

master2oo8

How can i set premission for every Usergroup? I want that only defined usergroups can see the SB (exactly i want, that only user over 15 Posts see the Shoutbox)

trekkie2444

Wasn't there some kind of modification that showed admin and mod membergroup colors in the shoutbox?

Daytona

I finally installed this mod, took 3 attempt but made.
Now I am asking if I can delete some files created by my many installation.
I guess that files like sbox_remove.php should be removed but what about the other remaining files?
Or any clue what must stay.

divecall

Hello!

I have 2 questions:

1. Please can somebody give me a DL-Link, where i can find the v1.16 ?
2. What i need do to, that the name of the box in the forum is on the left side, not in the middle ?

My forum is 1.1.5 and my shoutbox is 1.14

Thanks in advance

DarkAngel612

not sure about the 2nd question but you an find v 1.20 right here attatched

you might look in the index.template.php to see if you can change it there...I know there is  that place in there to make the change in the size of it.

divecall

Thank you for the answer DarkAngel612, but the Link you give me, bring me to your profile  ???.

Anyway, until now i have no problems with my SMF 1.1.5 and the shoutbox 1.14, only two  ;)

Please, can somebody help me?
1. My Forum is in german uft-8. All looks very well, only in the shoutbox it is not possible to use typical german letters like "ü,ö,ä or ß". What i need to do, to change this ? (I WAS FIXING THIS)

2. When i change the Settings for the shoutbox, and press "save", all the changes are away, going back to the original issues, when i enter the shoutbox-ACP again. Why ?

thank you !

Divecall

DarkAngel612

sorry about that it has been a rough week...lol

first off I told you the wrong file for adjusting height/width and possible centering off of title

look at this file and belowis the code to look for that may help:

sbox.template.php file

FIND:

<iframe name="sboxframe" src="' . $sourceurl . '/sboxDB.php?" width="100%" height="'.$modSettings['sbox_Height'].'" frameborder="0" style="border: 2px ridge silver;"></iframe>

and change the red part overwrite your file on the server with a copy of this file. see if that works by just decreasing the % a little at a time until you get it where you want it.

You may also be able to place an align=left but not sure.

and attaching it is so much easier than finding that link a bout 4-5 pages back in this thread...lol

here is 1.16 and 1.20 versions

also make sure this file: sbox.german.php

is in the lanquage folder, I think that is where it goes...lol sorry just got in from work and am tired of standing. you might look in the default theme fodler since it installs there and if you are using a different theme you will need to manually place the files in the other themes.

GreenStork

Quote from: nneonneo on July 31, 2008, 05:30:00 PM
@The Great Heretic: Use this code:

Thank you very much, nneonneo!

divecall

Hello!

At first, i want to say thank you for the developers from this shoutbox and for the User, who give a lot of help here.

But i have a little problem:

In the ACP from my Forum (v1.1.5 with Shoutbox 1.16 german) i can see the settings for the shoutbox. But if i change something e.g. refresh-time 20 reduce to 10 or something, and then i press "save", nothing change.

When i enter again the ACP => Shoutbox i always see the original settings (e.g. refresh-time again is 20, not 10)

Locks like, the changed settings are not saved.

My question is: how can i do this, that the settings are saved OR in what File i can change the settings manually ?
And where i can delete the history of the shoutbox ? The "clear history" Button is not function...

Advertisement: