News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Quote from: Hardcase on June 07, 2009, 05:29:39 PM
So Chit-Chat any idea's as to what could cause it, i mean i have done everything else but this is starting to bug me now :D

Try this....

open your Modifications.english.php file
Create new file
Copy entire contents (select all) from Modifications.english.php
Paste into new file
Save new file as Modifications.english-utf8.php

Upload Modifications.english-utf8.php to Themes/default/languages/

Dont upload it to your custom themes folder...just the default.

See if that works.

zijO

This is great mod.

When shout box is activated it takes longer time for page to show up.

How I can disable shout box to not display on first page but to display on all the other pages?

Also is it possible to delete all chat at once?

mrtrc266

Quote from: Youngiiie on June 08, 2009, 05:33:21 PM
Bro I got confused - I was looking for admin prefs on the shoutbox itself - just noticed that al admin is done via the Chat app which is seperate from the site.

One gripe I have is this... When you go to chat from forum menu you have to login again (or at least press enter - would it be able to login to chat auto?

Cheers for all your help and patience with me and these issues :)

NP, glad you got it sorted. For some reason it does that when you first log in. I think it just needs to get cached. It doesn't (or shouldn't) do it all the time though.

primetime

Is it possible to have the users group online color show up in the online list and shoutbox when they post a shout? example, if my user online group color is Red, my name would be in red each time i posted a shout and in the online users.

Thank you,
Prime

TheListener

https://blueimp.net/ajax/#documentation

Without stepping on any toes with my heavy feet the above link may help

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 08, 2009, 02:29:08 PM
Chatterbox, just went to your site to look at shoutbox but it's not enabled. Let me know when you have it back and I'll take a look.

I just checked on my test account (normal member) and the shoutbox  is activated and showing. It is not activated for guests.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

nerotxc

hi,

i am getting the 500 connection error, read the tip n tricks but cant find where to change the numbers.

also when i open features and options the menu names are blank, but the check boxes appear.

one more thing, i do not have a "chat" tab.

i am new to this and am just trying to make this work on the default theme. i have the site setup to use the "redsys" theme, but reverted back to default because im a noob.

my website is hxxp:www.nerotoxic.com [nonactive] please feel free to stop by, but im lost.

thanks for any/all help. Chris

[unplugged]

The missing text (in Features and Options and in the menu) are from missing language strings. Open Help.{your_language}.php and Modifications.{your_language}.php and make sure the language strings for Ajax Chat are all there.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

nerotxc

do i find those files under the AjaxChat Integration package?

if i understand you i clicked on list files, and i have 189. none of which start with the mod or help.

like i said sorry im a noob and this is my first mod outside of changing my site theme.

[unplugged]

The language files will be in www. yoursite. com/forum/Themes/default/languages/ whcih you can access with any FTP.

We all start out as noobs. I've been doing this for years and I'm still a noob. I can't even spell PHP.  :P
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

allumius

Somebody can help me please?
my forum have helios multi and i cant modify index.template.php
please help me

mrtrc266

Quote from: allumius on June 09, 2009, 07:22:43 AM
Somebody can help me please?
my forum have helios multi and i cant modify index.template.php
please help me

Are you talkin about this theme?
This theme might give you troubles with a lot of mods it hasn't been updated in quite awhile and stopped at SMF 1.1

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/?lemma=1
Last Modified:  December 13, 2006, 04:09:08 PM 
Compatible With:  1.0.6, 1.0.7, 1.0.8, 1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC3, 1.1

philcross

After a lot of trial and error, I now have the Chat sorted.

I only have one room, one theme and one language in the dropdowns (I would still like to remove the reference to them alltogether  ;)).

Once in Chat......

Members can Logout and Ignore/Accept another User - nothing else.

Admin (user groups 2 and 3) can Logout and List Banned Users

Admin (user groups 2 and 3) can also Kick/Ban and Display IP for any User.

It is a much simpler version, which I feel is easier to handle.

Thanks for all the support on this !!!!!!

Greymalkin

I'm attempting to install on 1.1.8 and I get the following message
Quote1.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/BoardIndex.php     Test failed

Everything else tests or skips fine. 

I'm not using the default theme, but I don't think that would affect an installation not in the Themes folder, would it?

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

Quote from: Greymalkin on June 09, 2009, 01:05:28 PM
I'm attempting to install on 1.1.8 and I get the following message
Quote1.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/BoardIndex.php     Test failed

Everything else tests or skips fine. 

I'm not using the default theme, but I don't think that would affect an installation not in the Themes folder, would it?

You will have to go to the mod in the modifications area and parse it to your version. When you parse it, it will show you the manual edits ... you need to do it for the file that had the fail install to it. (Do this after just telling it just install even though it fails on that file).
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

Greymalkin

Okay, solved the install fail problem (removed the mod it was colliding with).  It's installed successfully and I'm now trying to parse it into my theme (Sweet Dream).  Unfortunately, Sweet Dream's index.template doesn't have
// Show the menu here, according to the menu sub template.
template_menu();

so I'm stalled right on square one.  What edits should I make?  (I already have a shoutbox, all I need is the flashchat)

index.template for my theme is attached
Link to board here

philcross

QuoteAfter a lot of trial and error, I now have the Chat sorted.

I only have one room, one theme and one language in the dropdowns (I would still like to remove the reference to them alltogether  ).

Once in Chat......

Members can Logout and Ignore/Accept another User - nothing else.

Admin (user groups 2 and 3) can Logout and List Banned Users

Admin (user groups 2 and 3) can also Kick/Ban and Display IP for any User.

It is a much simpler version, which I feel is easier to handle.

Thanks for all the support on this !!!!!!

I thought it was going well  :)

I have removed the redundant buttons/dropdowns for theme/language/room from the loggedin.html and loggedout.html

But, Im now getting this error message in FF (IE8 seems OK)

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Line Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
^

Ideas please?

Just found this - solution???

chat/lib/config.php
and
shoutBox/lib/config.php

and change:
$config['contentType'] = null;
to
$config['contentType'] = "text/html";
in both files

YES - it did fix it. LOL

mrtrc266

LOL, glad you got it sorted Phil. Good job! :D

mrtrc266

Quote from: Greymalkin on June 09, 2009, 02:02:36 PM
Okay, solved the install fail problem (removed the mod it was colliding with).  It's installed successfully and I'm now trying to parse it into my theme (Sweet Dream).  Unfortunately, Sweet Dream's index.template doesn't have
   // Show the menu here, according to the menu sub template.
   template_menu();

so I'm stalled right on square one.  What edits should I make?  (I already have a shoutbox, all I need is the flashchat)

index.template for my theme is attached
Link to board here

Try adding the code after this
<input type="hidden" name="advanced" value="0" />';

mrtrc266

Quote from: zijO on June 08, 2009, 05:37:37 PM
This is great mod.
When shout box is activated it takes longer time for page to show up.
How I can disable shout box to not display on first page but to display on all the other pages?
Also is it possible to delete all chat at once?

Goto your Admin and disable the shoutbox

Advertisement: