News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navjotjsingh

Ok..finally fixed everything. Had to change the collation values of each individual entry too in those tables. Phew. It was a long job but please document it somewhere too. :)

Nao 尚

Quote from: navjotjsingh on April 20, 2010, 11:07:26 PM
And request to Nao - Please mention about this collation problem in Readme...took me quite a few time to find the root of the problem. If you can provide a workaround/fix or atleast mention in the readme about this, it would be of big help. :)
Blame SMF, not me.

http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=4156
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

navjotjsingh

Ok, point taken that its SMF fault. Atleast you can write a small statement in readme that for those who face this error, they need to update tables manually. Saves lot of time for new Aeva users like me and urs too. :)

Nao 尚

No.
It saves OTHERS a lot of time if you yourself take the time to type 'collation' into the search box for this board.
It will return results such as:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=361232.msg2524845#msg2524845

Guess what? I answered the same thing over there...

As for updating the readme -- no chance. I'm on a hiatus and I'm not sure I'll ever resume work on Aeva Media. I already called for assistants to take over and help with the coding work, but as in the last couple of years -- no one's interested. Dragooon's off to the Phoenix project by now, and I'm... well, off to things that can bring me something else than flame wars.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

vgnapply

Hello,

I need help about width&height of embedd videos, when someone post a video on my forum the video dimensions are 480x385, in the admin panel of aeva i've changed the option called "Maximum width for embedded videos" to 854 but cant set the height so the videos looks like 854x666, All that i need is change the height to 505. The final dimension that i want is 854x505 for HD and 480x385 as LQ.

How can I set the height?

Long time ago when it was Aeva alone (without media gallery) the videos embedded had those dimensions.

Screen;
hxxp:img101.imageshack.us/img101/5793/75189287.png [nonactive]

Thanks in advance

TexRash

Trying to insert youtube videos in posts by just pasting the link. When viewing the post, first image of the video is shown. When you click play, it says connection error and the screen turns black.

Link to forum post below.

http://www.forum.hosting-server.net/index.php/topic,8.0.html [nofollow]

luuuciano

Quote from: TexRash on April 23, 2010, 05:29:10 AM
Trying to insert youtube videos in posts by just pasting the link. When viewing the post, first image of the video is shown. When you click play, it says connection error and the screen turns black.
Link to forum post below.

it works ok here
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

roomeat

your insulting offer of a crummy $20.00 is probably why the mod author has given up lol.
You mention that it would only take 30 mins to make the changes but in fact.. could take days or even weeks.
We were not given dreams, without also being given the power to achieve them.

hartiberlin

Hmm,
I would do it myself, if the template file would
not be this huge and would have better comments in it..

But a pro PHP coder would only need very little time,
if he knew the template file better than me...

Filipina

Wow reading this gave me a head ache. Will anyone be left to turn out the lights? Nao, I guess I am shifting to your place for some questions. See you soon Mr. Aeva Media Man  :) 

sduford

I had some issues installing AVEA and I had to uninstall and reinstall it a couple of times. Now when I embed a video it shows up three times. I suspect it is because I have a line of code in there three times. Does anyone know in which file I should look?

Thanks

Kindred

I suspect that you have MULTIPLE files affected by your multi-install.   Go through the manual install instructions on the mod parser and review each of the code installation lines.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stkee

I keep getting the following error whenever I click the "unseen" button.

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
File: /home/icabbies/public_html/forum/Sources/Aeva-Gallery2.php
Line: 378

Wondering what is wrong?

Kindred

try reading this topic? ???

this exact question has been asked a few times, including just one or two pages back. (note, this is not an aeva problem)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sduford

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2010, 07:39:30 PM
I suspect that you have MULTIPLE files affected by your multi-install.   Go through the manual install instructions on the mod parser and review each of the code installation lines.

Right you are. I had the code inserted 3 times in all files. It's a wonder it actually worked!

Thanks

agonz010

Hi guys, first, i cant put this post in the mod section, i cant start a topic there, why? i dont know..... so i put in here.
The problem is this, i install the mod aeva media 1.1b the install goes good but when the mod try to redirect me to the control panel of the mod.... dosen't show and the control panel for the mod is in blank..... any idea..... here left somo caps of the error
thanks

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

CKWT

Great Job

People.. the fix to the collation problem is a bit simple if you handle MySQL a bit..

use this query

ALTER TABLE `my_smf_table` CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

Replace the 'my_smf_table' with these table names
cg_aeva_albums
cg_aeva_comments
cg_aeva_fields
cg_aeva_field_data
cg_aeva_files
cg_aeva_log_media
cg_aeva_log_ratings
cg_aeva_media
cg_aeva_perms
cg_aeva_quotas
cg_aeva_settings
cg_aeva_variables

Now aeva has what it is looking for.. \\This worked for me.. Wish you best of luck..

Nao, I hope you read this message.. I am not a developer, but I wanted to say to you that it will never end, The stupid questions, Maybe the person did a search but used the wrong word for reference.. maybe the person that posted the questions before did it with an image.. there is no way to alwayz give someone a failproof method...

It is with help of the moderators and other people like myself that would sit and read a little before and after making a question that will comeback and help on now and then..

You have a good thing going on here.. Copy pastes are not hard to do man... Keep up the good work.

I'm sure you gave me and my users another reason to visit the forum and I wanted to say THANK YOU...

Thanks again...

CKWT
www.catrachosgaming.com
Charlton White
CG Administrador

DawnsWebDesigns

Greetings.  I tried to install 2 mods tonight & neither one worked.  Not via the package manager or manually.  I even tried this: http://resourcez.biz/PackageParser/

This is the error I'm getting: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /var/www/domains/dawnswebdesigns.com/docs/board/Sources/Load.php on line 1099

Thanks for any help. :)

Advertisement: