News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ79

Hi :) Just one question. After install of AVEA i have an information that AVEA theme can't be loaded.
Files seems to by instaled right. Any ideas ??
Thank you for the mod and the help.

Tiribulus

Quote from: JJ79 on May 04, 2010, 03:48:26 PM
Hi :) Just one question. After install of AVEA i have an information that AVEA theme can't be loaded.
Files seems to by instaled right. Any ideas ??
Thank you for the mod and the help.
I'm going to guess that English is not your first language and you have your terms mixed up. There is no such thing as the AEVA theme. What kind of information is it. An error in the log? A popup window? Something else?

JJ79

:) 10 points 4 guessing ;) After instalation - media button and have info -> Unable to load the 'Aeva' template. Just it what i can do :)

Kimmie

It appears this new version massively hinders the use of the hide tag mod as you can see here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=32954.msg2614743#new

The issue lies with the "media gallery" portion of your mod. I dont want the media gallery, I simply want the portion of the mod that allows videos to be embedded like I was using on RC1.2. Is there a way you can make this into two seperate mods for those of us who do not want the gallery?

Arantor

Kimmie

Quote from: Arantor on May 05, 2010, 01:41:23 PM
Kimmie: That's what the Old Aeva package is for ;)

but the old one wont work on RC3 will it? There are so many different files on the mod page, I hav no idea which one is which or which one I am supposed to use..lol.

Arantor

Old Aeva 7.0.707 is the latest of the old code. AFAIK it should work on 2.0 RC3.

Kimmie

Quote from: Arantor on May 05, 2010, 03:38:54 PM
Old Aeva 7.0.707 is the latest of the old code. AFAIK it should work on 2.0 RC3.

ok I will try that one thanks :)

Nao 尚

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

madman71

unless, of course, we're talking about dial-up internet service  ;D

Arantor

Quote from: Nao on May 05, 2010, 03:44:34 PM
Just because something is old doesn't mean it sucks. :P

No argument here. I love some of the older stuff :)

TheListener

Kimmie

The whole idea of this mod is that it combines both the gallery and the video embed together into one mod.

However

Kimmie

Quote from: Brack1 on May 05, 2010, 04:34:25 PM
Kimmie

The whole idea of this mod is that it combines both the gallery and the video embed together into one mod.

However

really? no kidding...lol. Thats the whole reason I asked if they could be seperated into two mods. Not "everyone" wants a gallery and they shouldnt be made to install that if they dont want it (and is why I am glad to see that the old one works with RC3) :). And the mod that has both severely messes with alot of other mods. :)

Nao 尚

Quote from: madman71 on May 05, 2010, 03:47:44 PM
unless, of course, we're talking about dial-up internet service  ;D
Not even that... It's good to have a 56k modem around when your DSL line is offline  O:)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Arantor

Quote from: Kimmie on May 05, 2010, 04:40:46 PM
really? no kidding...lol. Thats the whole reason I asked if they could be seperated into two mods. Not "everyone" wants a gallery and they shouldnt be made to install that if they dont want it (and is why I am glad to see that the old one works with RC3) :). And the mod that has both severely messes with alot of other mods. :)

The idea is that the "majority" of users who installed one invariably installed the other, especially gallery -> Aeva. But since Aeva and Aeva Media share the sitelist core, it's still around separately for those who don't want a gallery.

godboko

Honestly I don't see how Aeva Media "messes with lots of mods" Its basically a stand along app that adds a button and lots of extra features (a gallery that you can disable and auto embedding that you can disable.)

Either way no one is forcing you to do anything, the old mod is there for now, and when/if it stops working the new mod (presumably) sill be there to pick up the slack. As a site admin you can pick which parts work. Better yet you can use or have developed a different product that meets your needs more exactly.
Thank you,
Robert aka godboko

TurtleKicker

I was under the impression Aeva-classic wasn't being developed any more, and that all new work would be on Aeva Media. So I installed Aeva Media on my SMF2-RC3 test site and just didn't enable the gallery.

Nao 尚

Quote from: sremick on May 05, 2010, 07:05:11 PM
I was under the impression Aeva-classic wasn't being developed any more,
Yeah.

Quoteand that all new work would be on Aeva Media.
No. At least-- not for now. I'm on an extended hiatus, following everything that happened before etc etc. I don't have plans to release an update in the weeks to come. (Months to come?)
Only fixing stuff in the public SVN.

QuoteSo I installed Aeva Media on my SMF2-RC3 test site and just didn't enable the gallery.
That's the spirit.

Verso

I have upgraded and all my photos have gone!

I had hundreds of them..........

Nao 尚

Advertisement: