General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yağız...

Quote from: Daydreamer on May 22, 2010, 06:11:36 PM
Quote from: Yağız... on May 21, 2010, 01:23:38 PM
Hi Nao, one of the Turkish users getting this error on Who's Online page:
"Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (item)"
Do you have any ideas?

Hmm. Error log ? I have this one very long time ago. I don't have sites anymore and i can't remember it. This user using smf project mod ?
Forgot to post :P He doesn't have this anymore :)

Stigmartyr

NAO - has anyone approached you about considering using the Facebook 'like' feature instead of or in conjunction with the voting?  I still strongly believe and HTML 5 (ajax) voting feature would be ideal for use.  I still don't get any serious participation with it's feature and the drop down is very web 1.0

Anyways, just a friendly question.  Thank you very much

Nao 尚

Well... That would be something I could consider (apart from the hugely ugly icon), but up so far it does seem like a system that can be abused easily (by spoofing the end user URL), and I don't like the idea so I'm a bit reluctant to use it. FB should be asking the user to confirm (once onsite) that they do like what they said. Currently, they can remove the "... likes ..." text, but it's not removed from their internal stats. Annoying.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

InfoStrides

Quote from: Sabre™ on May 19, 2010, 04:10:28 AM
It would be best to get the author of the redirect mod to find a fix for your issue.
Or you could remove that mod and install [THIS] one. It works fine with Aeva Media

Thank you.

InfoStrides

Hello,

The number of videos in my gallery is not showing for all users except administrators. What should I need to do? You can see what I meant here: http://www.theinfostrides.com and in the attached screenshot.

ProfDrDenis

Hello,

I want to change the date in the german style, but I dont found the place. Anybody there who can help me?

See the attach pic than you understand what I mean.

and my next question, new pics are unseen in the galery anyway to make them seen with one click?

winky100

Stigmartyr

Quote from: Nao on May 23, 2010, 03:12:15 AM
Well... That would be something I could consider (apart from the hugely ugly icon), but up so far it does seem like a system that can be abused easily (by spoofing the end user URL), and I don't like the idea so I'm a bit reluctant to use it. FB should be asking the user to confirm (once onsite) that they do like what they said. Currently, they can remove the "... likes ..." text, but it's not removed from their internal stats. Annoying.

Good point there..  Would clickable stars powered by ajax be an easy accomplishment then perhaps?  I think I get about 5 million hits a month and lots of activity but still only myself and maybe one other person will rate anything. :(

Nao 尚

@proffrdenis> Make sure your $txt['lang_locale'] is set to something like de_DE@euro or de_DE, then.
@stigmartyr> Uh it's already powered by Ajax... I'm not too fond of clickable stars, though.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

ProfDrDenis

Quote from: Nao on May 24, 2010, 06:24:16 AM
@proffrdenis> Make sure your $txt['lang_locale'] is set to something like de_DE@euro or de_DE, then.

is all the time set to de_DE and you shure this change the date from "Feb 19, 2008" to "19. Feb. 2008" ?

magiciantks

Table 'a9766987_smf.smf_aeva_settings' doesn't exist
File: /home/a9766987/public_html/Sources/Aeva-Subs.php
Line: 746

what is this error?

ProfDrDenis

and dont forgot my second question: new pics are unseen in the galery anyway to make them seen with one   click?

magiciantks

Table 'a9766987_smf.smf_aeva_settings' doesn't exist

May I know what is the problem?

magiciantks

Unknown column 'name' in 'field list'

Nao 尚

Glad to hear it!

Nao 尚

Thanks for the kind words!

@profprdenis> There are some unseen issues which are fixed with the latest SVN revision.

Nao 尚

The error is that you're spamming the boards, and not even a single 'please' and 'thank you'.

jay.clark

Quote from: Kindred on April 12, 2010, 12:22:12 PM
Why are you posting in someone else's thread which has nothing to do with your comments/questions? I will answer, but bad form old chum...

1- AeMe actually is probably the cleanest mod...   the fact that other mods change things or cause errors with the AeMe install is not this mods fault at all.

2- do you know how to manually install?  You don't make the manual changes and then expect the mod to show no errors. You install despite the errors and then correct the sections which were not able to be auto-installed.

3 and 4 - AeMe is added into the admin tools...   gallery and embedding have separate sections. You have to grant permissions for the gallery and turn ON the embedding. and no... using the youtube embed code is not this mod...  and if you allow your users to do that, it is a security risk.

5- yes. See gallery admin functions and permissions

6- I believe Nao has stated that he is not adding any additional sites to the Aeva portion. There are instruction on adding sites on the mod page.

I am posting in someone elses thread because there does not appear to be a start new topic button in this board.

Perhaps I am just stupid and it is there someplace, but I sure cannot find it.

1. I have not found this to be the case and I seem to recall seeing the author posting notes to remove something unrelated before attempting an install. I have had many problems trying to make this mod work on several sites, my personal experiance is that it does not play well in the sandbox with the other kids, your mileage is obviously quite different.

2. Yes I know how to manually install, and have managed to get AeVa working on two sites now, not quite sure what did the trick because I had to try so many different things.

6. I would still like to figure out how to add additional sites to the list, can you be a bit more specific about "the mod page"  do you mean here on SMF or on the authors site? Is there an FAQ or a tutorial anyplace ?  A link to the correct location would be a lot of help.

Actually a link to a how2 page would be a great help as well, I am looking at possibly hosting some video files on my own site and would like to get some idea of how to present them using AeVa.

respectfully

jayr

SMF 1.11- SMF 2.0 RC2/RC3 - - RSS Feed Poster 2.2,RSS Feeder 1.1.4, Downloads System Pro 1.0.17.1, SMF Classifieds 1.3.5, SMF Gallery Pro 3.0.2, SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum 1.0 Felidae, Aeva Media 1.1b, Ultimate Profile     0.9, Google Analytics Code 1.1, Twitter and Facebook Publisher mod 2.4, Stop Spammer 2.3.7, SMF Links 2.2, Site map 2.1.2, AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1, Ad Management 2.3.6

SMF (Donated) SMF Links (donated) - Ad Manager (donated) - phpMyChat (donated)

Kindred

that is right... you can not start new topics, because Nao has stopped supporting this mod on simplemachines.org. However, even if you could, hijacking someone else's thread (especially one which has already been marked as solved) is bad form and likely to be  ignored.

I have this mod installed one three different sites with no problems.

the mod page, meaning the download page for this specific mod, which not only has basic instructions, it has the sitelist instructions (downloadable) and a link to the normal support thread (which has an FAQ and the first post.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

magiciantks,

posting your message with NO explanation in multiple threads is spamming. just warning... we ban spammers.

as for your error, did you try search?   It means that the database tables were not installed when you installed the mod (probably because of some odd security setting on the part of your host). You need to run the database install portion by hand.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: