News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowy

I still can't get Google Maps to work. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
All the information is in my posts above. I even tried what you suggested above, Sea. Nothing. Just code shows up.

chep

Quote@chep> Dunno. Check your Aeva-Sites.php file and see if it's up to date.

Yes, needed a new one. Thank you Nao.

~DS~

Quote from: Nao on June 26, 2010, 06:57:08 PM
@Dismal> How did you generate that code? It doesn't have the '/maps?' in the URL, unlike all URLs I found so far.
This is the code:
URL:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=30.28427,-97.733345&spn=0.075304,0.154152&z=13

HTML:
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=30.28427,-97.733345&amp;spn=0.075304,0.154152&amp;z=13&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=30.28427,-97.733345&amp;spn=0.075304,0.154152&amp;z=13&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

mittal

i want to install Aeva Media (Gallery & Auto-embedder) in my site but i dont know which package i have to install for my 2.0 rc3

there are 6 items to download at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=977

tell me please. that which package i have to download for my smf 2.0 rc3

YogiBear

You can use any one of them but AeVa 1.3 is ideal for RC3.

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Nao 尚

@chep> What do you mean, you needed a new one? Do you mean there was some file permission that prevented AeMe from updating the file?

@Dismal> Try replacing the GMap pattern with this:

'pattern' => '(http://maps\.google\.[^">]+/\w*?\?[^">]+)',

I guess removing the 'maps' thing doesn't break the map at all. And all GMap needs is the variables after the question mark... So now I'm only looking for that question mark really.

@Yogi> I believe I've fixed any issues with the 1.1.x branch in 1.3 so it should be good for all versions... (At least, not one has complained yet.)

@mittal> Can you tell me exactly WHY you're not assuming that the package to download is the latest one? You know, the last one in the list -- and also the one specified in the "Latest version" spot in the mod page....... ::)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

YogiBear

In the section Home I've put two lines of text...

Welcome to The Gallery blah blah...
You're welcome to save blah blah...

Each time I upgrade the version of AeVa the space between those lines seems to increase slightly.

This isn't a problem, I'm just curious whether anyone else has noticed this?

Nao 尚

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

mark7144

Quote from: Nao on June 26, 2010, 06:57:08 PM
@mark> What feature are you talking about..?
Unless it can be done already... a mod that allows HTML to be disabled for the entire forum but with the exception of when embed code is used from a whitelist of websites. That way even when websites change their code, it will still embed.

No doubt it sounds like a good idea in my head and you as a developer will rip it apart :D

Nao 尚

I will only rip it apart because this means if someone manages to exploit a security breach in said website, the exploit could then be applied to your website as well. It's very unlikely, but...

I know, I know, it's not a BAD idea per se. Some freedom on the html code area would be welcome -- especially because you can't expect the average forum user to be planning to take your site down.
Still, the auto-embedder is useful in that you can simply post a URL and it will embed it. Simply "allowing" for html code won't do that. Personally, when I post a video URL, I'm too lazy to post the html embed code... I directly post the URL.

~DS~

Quote from: Nao on June 28, 2010, 05:01:47 AM

@Dismal> Try replacing the GMap pattern with this:

'pattern' => '(http://maps\.google\.[^">]+/\w*?\?[^">]+)',

I guess removing the 'maps' thing doesn't break the map at all. And all GMap needs is the variables after the question mark... So now I'm only looking for that question mark really.
Replace the the code you provided...still showing codes and not embedding, I saw it embed when doing a preview but it's showing the map twice and some codes there as well.

I guess patterns are different depend on international in Google Map.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

YogiBear

I got exactly the same result here in the UK, Dismal. OK, so I posted the URL, which is the idea anyway, and all was well.

I have to ask what is the advantage of using the html instead of the URL?

Carlos Faria

I'm having trouble viewing the videos Vimeo.

When I put a video on Vimeo in my forum, give me the following error:

"The contents of the message was left blank."

What's happening?

SMF 1.1.11

MODs:

1.  Spoiler Tag  0.7a   
2. Member Color Link 3.0.7
3. Ultimate Profile 0.9
4. Google Analytics Code 1.1
5. Pm_Informer 2.0.0.1
6. VisualWarning 1.42
7. Ad Managment 2.3.6.1
8. Pretty URLs 1.0RC
9. Hide SMF Version 1.0.5
10. Reason For Editing Mod 2.0
11. Global Headers Footers 2.0
12. Aeva Media 1.3
13. nCode Image Resizer 1.2
14. Redirection Boards 2.01
15. Related Topics 1.3.3
16. cbi, 1.0 1.0a
17. Shared Forum Mod 0.2.5.4
18. SMFShop 3.1.5
19. Off-Topic_BBC_Tag 1.1.1.2
20. SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update 1.0
21. Karma Buttons 1.1
22. Black 1.0
23. Top Stats 1.1

chickenout

Hey guys.  I'm having the same problem.  I'm using Asalet Theme: deruni .  I have gotten a button to show up using some of the code I've seen in other posts, but it obviously isn't quite right.  It shows up centered on it's own line just above the navigation bar.  I can't quite figure out what I am missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I've attached my index.template.php

Grundoko

I just installed Aeva Media 1.3 on my SMF board running 2.0 RC3, once it finished installing, I clicked the button to take me to the page to setup Aeva, and I got a PHP error. If I clear my login history, and go to my forum, I can see it fine, but as soon as I login I get the following PHP error.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting '(' in /homepages/32/d245638247/htdocs/grundoko/Sources/Aeva-Media.php  on line 350

Also, even if I'm not logged in, if I view any thread, it shows the same PHP error, but instead of going to a white screen and showing it, it shows the error in the area where the post should be.

What's going on?

chep

Quote@chep> What do you mean, you needed a new one? Do you mean there was some file permission that prevented AeMe from updating the file?

It must have had to do with permissions. I renamed the old file and with the web page generated a new one. Subsequent edits after this seemed to work just fine.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Grundoko on June 28, 2010, 05:30:01 PM
I just installed Aeva Media 1.3 on my SMF board running 2.0 RC3, once it finished installing, I clicked the button to take me to the page to setup Aeva, and I got a PHP error. If I clear my login history, and go to my forum, I can see it fine, but as soon as I login I get the following PHP error.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting '(' in /homepages/32/d245638247/htdocs/grundoko/Sources/Aeva-Media.php  on line 350
It shouldn't give this error...
Did you enable IMagick as the image handler? What version is it?
Try enabling ImageMagick instead. It should be available.

Nao 尚

Quote from: YogiBear on June 28, 2010, 12:52:49 PM
I got exactly the same result here in the UK, Dismal. OK, so I posted the URL, which is the idea anyway, and all was well.

I have to ask what is the advantage of using the html instead of the URL?
Why don't you just post the embed code here...?

YogiBear

Nao 尚

Tested code on my site -- worked just fine.

And obviously it won't work on sm.org -- they will (would?) never install AeMe here.

Advertisement: