General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewb84uk

Quote from: YogiBear on July 25, 2010, 12:03:48 PM
That's it. In the posting frame on your forum post some text then the link underneath.  :)

ah right, this issue is not within the forum posts itself it's in the gallery section / media of the acctually gallery area if you get what I mean.

http://www.hl-ac.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=media [nofollow]

The problem is solved now, had to turn something off in the auto embed function settings.

YogiBear

Phew! Good news, andrew. For a horrible moment I was wondering if it was due to a double installation.

Case solved?  :)

What was it you turned off?
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

andrewb84uk

Quote from: YogiBear on July 25, 2010, 12:11:28 PM
Phew! Good news, andrew. For a horrible moment I was wondering if it was due to a double installation.

Case solved?  :)

What was it you turned off?

Not exactly sure, trying to replicate the problem as we speak by turning certain settings back on.  I'll see if I can replicate it and post back.

I think it is "Enable Embedding in Sentences" .... I Turned it on and double videos come back....

/topic solved

Afro

Nao 尚

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

the-outdoorsman

I am having trouble with the auto embedding. I notice the one of my youtube posts worked fine. Now I started a new thread and copied the links to my thread and when I save it it just shows a link to the video. I copied the link to the other video that is working to this thread and it works just fine. Can some videos not be embedded? Also I tried disableing auto embedding and just use the youtube bbcode and it still seems to try an auto embed and it just show an invalid link.

Reefer

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I'm a noob and ask Nao for your patience!

It's a minor problem.. I installed Aeva, all working beautifully, just have a problem with the Menu text colours... now I know this is a Graphics issue, but have searched far and wide to find out how to change the colours of the text in the menu bars... to no avail.

The rest of the menu bars display fine on my forum, it's only a problem in Aeva.
Screen dump attached...
Want to change the Black font to something legible.

If you have an answer for me, please be specific in which files I need to look at. I'm really challenged at Coding...

Thanks in advance... and Nao... Kudo's to you for your patience with people like me!  :D

Nao 尚

Just so you know guys -- I've finally found myself in the mental state to actually go ahead and turn Aeva Media into a commercial package, as was suggested by several users.

http://aeva.noisen.com/
The mod is currently priced at $20 (i.e. the discount price for Foxy!), but only for the duration of the beta.
I'll add new features this week.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

TheListener

Bit unfair for those of us without the financial means to continue.

YogiBear

Well, 1.3a does the job but I was looking forward to 1.3b before it became commercial.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Kindred

Quote from: Brack1 on July 27, 2010, 02:01:55 PM

ummm...   the current aeva works just fine. If you do not have the means, then stick with the current.  There is no problem with a mod author releasing a paid version of his mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Joker™

Quote from: Kindred on July 27, 2010, 02:21:23 PM

ummm...   the current aeva works just fine. If you do not have the means, then stick with the current.  There is no problem with a mod author releasing a paid version of his mod.

what will happen with further releases of smf ? what about those who can't use paypal etc due to country restrictions ?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Kindred

Quote from: Joker™ on July 27, 2010, 02:32:24 PM
Quote from: Kindred on July 27, 2010, 02:21:23 PM

what will happen with further releases of smf ? what about those who can't use paypal etc due to country restrictions ?

that is up to Nao...  there are a fair number of mods out there which are paid only...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Reefer

Quote from: Reefer on July 27, 2010, 04:44:17 AM
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I'm a noob and ask Nao for your patience!

It's a minor problem.. I installed Aeva, all working beautifully, just have a problem with the Menu text colours... now I know this is a Graphics issue, but have searched far and wide to find out how to change the colours of the text in the menu bars... to no avail.

The rest of the menu bars display fine on my forum, it's only a problem in Aeva.
Screen dump attached...
Want to change the Black font to something legible.

If you have an answer for me, please be specific in which files I need to look at. I'm really challenged at Coding...

Thanks in advance... and Nao... Kudo's to you for your patience with people like me!  :D

Anybody home????

Kindred

Reefer,

wow... lose patience much?    Please wait AT LEAST 24 hours before bumping a question.

2nd...   you should learn to use firefox and the add-on called firebug. That will tell you specifically, what CSS file and CSS object needs to be changed.
Слaва
Украинi

GarfieldP

Quote2nd...   you should learn to use firefox and the add-on called firebug. That will tell you specifically, what CSS file and CSS object needs to be changed.
thanks! I was always wondering how to do that...

MultiformeIngegno

RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Nao 尚

Quote from: illusive817 on April 08, 2010, 01:55:36 PM
now if i can just figure out how to make the recent image thumbnails all the same size!
They should all have the same size, if all pics have the same aspect ratio...

LHW

Quote from: Nao on July 27, 2010, 01:53:29 PM
Just so you know guys -- I've finally found myself in the mental state to actually go ahead and turn Aeva Media into a commercial package, as was suggested by several users.

Thank you, Nao!  Thank you!!  :)

B.SkiLLs

Quote from: B.SkiLLs on July 22, 2010, 03:53:10 AM
Is there a way to turn off the media gallery tab / link and also the whole function. But leave the auto embed features for topics and posts etc... ??

I just took a fast look at it after install on RC3

Thxs

bump need help on this one please ^^^

thxs
VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

Advertisement: