News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

TheListener

Sabre™

Quote from: B.SkiLLs on July 27, 2010, 08:23:08 PM
Quote from: B.SkiLLs on July 22, 2010, 03:53:10 AM
Is there a way to turn off the media gallery tab / link and also the whole function. But leave the auto embed features for topics and posts etc... ??

I just took a fast look at it after install on RC3

Thxs

bump need help on this one please ^^^

thxs

Not that I have noticed as being a standard function, but you could always cancel out the button code, and keep permissions for the gallery etc to admin only, that way, noone has a button to click, and the 'geniuses' that use the url to find the location, wont have permission to see anything.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

quietstorm

Just curious to know...
Can this be used as a "stand alone?"
in other words..can you run this without SMF?   :)

TIA
"Meet A Stranger...Make A Friend!"

Kindred

Quote from: quietstorm on July 27, 2010, 11:04:44 PM
Just curious to know...
Can this be used as a "stand alone?"
in other words..can you run this without SMF?   :)

TIA

no
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

YogiBear

I've taken a look at v2.0 and there's no denying it is seriously impressive but v.1.3 does everything I'm ever likely to need.

My question is, Nao, you were in the throes of releasing v1.3b which fixed a few bugs so my thoughts are can we persuade you to do that even if it means a one off nominal charge?
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Sabre™

I've just noticed there's a 2.0 lol
So the future of aeva is as a paid mod?
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Nao 尚

@Sabre> Yes.

@Yogi> I was working on a 1.3b and would have released it at some point. I'm not supposed to tell what's happening inside the private boards of SMF but let's just say I've been through a lot, and this last straw made me wonder why exactly I've been working on SMF for the last three years. Was it an absolute waste of time? No, I did enjoy many of the things I did. But what do I want, right now? I just don't want to do anything for SMF that would benefit the team. That's all I'm at liberty to say I'm afraid (without turning this topic into another drama. Which I don't want, if only out of respect for those in the team who've supported me all along.)
So, turning Aeva Media into a commercial package is both for me, a way of showing SMF that I'm no longer supporting it (by changing its most popular plugin into an obviously more obscure and non-free addition), and a way of getting a little something back from the time I spent on SMF (as well as giving something to the community, who's always been supportive of me, too.)
I have yet to decide whether I'll keep v1.3a online at all. Whether here, or at noisen.com, or nowhere.

@quietstorm> Yes. You simply need to disable the forums themselves and just keep the member system. Then you just need to establish an internal redirect to action=media so that the gallery shows up in the root. Maybe in the future I'll modify Aeva Media to be able to more clearly do this. Maybe I'll just turn it into a stand-alone package... I don't know.

@Brack1> I removed it a week or two ago, because it's an ugly mod that is of absolutely no use. As the mod page says -- use the Aeva auto-embedder. (Well, the free version won't be updated anymore, but it still works for YouTube, which is the whole point of replacing the YouTube BBC mod.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Sabre™

Okay, thank you for your response :)
Could you remove me from Noisen please?
But wait, before you get distressed, it is only because I made a mistake with my email info on registering, and cannot receive the activation email.
I made this nOOb mistake awhile ago, and thought the account would have been deleted by now, so I can re-register.
But it is still there.
Thank You Nao :)

Nao 尚

Quote from: Sabre™ on July 28, 2010, 08:35:23 AM
Okay, thank you for your response :)
Could you remove me from Noisen please?
But wait, before you get distressed,
Why? Anyone can remove their account from noisen... (Although I have to confirm deletion. And I don't often get requests so I tend to forget to check them.)

Quoteit is only because I made a mistake with my email info on registering, and cannot receive the activation email.
I made this nOOb mistake awhile ago, and thought the account would have been deleted by now, so I can re-register.
But it is still there.
Thank You Nao :)
No problem.

I've finished v2.0, changelog and all, I will post it in a few minutes. Then I'll review my old to-do-list and try to determine what's more urgent than the rest.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

YogiBear

Nao 尚

Go tell that to the SMF team. It's not my problem anymore.
Right now, they're actually REMOVING the bug fixes I committed to SMF 2.0 when I was in developer apprenticeship, because, well, I actually went crazy and fixed bugs without waiting for the others to give their advice!
Don't worry though, I'm sure they'll re-commit my fixes. Only they'll credit themselves for them this time.

I'm removing all of my mods from this website. Everything will be at aeva.noisen.com from now on.

RoarinRow

Hi Nao or anyone that can answer.  Since the last release 1.3 and the new release I just bought 2.0b1, my post page font size appears bigger that all other page templates on my site.

Compare this page with font size issue - http://www.avalanchestyle.com/forum/index.php?topic=5065.msg165781;topicseen#msg165781

Without font size issue - http://www.avalanchestyle.com/forum/index.php?board=29.0

Anyone having this issue?

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Nao 尚

Again: I'm only providing support at http://aeva.noisen.com
And yes, that's valid for customers, too ;)

RoarinRow

Quote from: Nao on July 28, 2010, 12:32:21 PM
Again: I'm only providing support at http://aeva.noisen.com
And yes, that's valid for customers, too ;)

I was going to post there, but could find an English translation.  I fumbled my way around just to register  :)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

YogiBear

Bear has joined.  :)  The activation e-mail is taking a while probably because Nao wants to keep out undesirables.  ::)

Edit : I'm worried now I didn't copy my e-mail address properly.

Nao 尚

@RoarinRow> The website should show up in English if you don't have a French browser... Didn't it? Even then, there's also a US flag to switch to English, for guests and members alike... There will still be some text in French but it's of no concern for Aeva Media operations.

@Yogi> E-mail activation was setup after I saw dozens of bots registering the site just to change their sig and add links to them. I also prevented sigs from showing up for lurkers, but whatever :P

RoarinRow

Quote from: Nao on July 28, 2010, 01:54:01 PM
@RoarinRow> The website should show up in English if you don't have a French browser... Didn't it? Even then, there's also a US flag to switch to English, for guests and members alike... There will still be some text in French but it's of no concern for Aeva Media operations.

@Yogi> E-mail activation was setup after I saw dozens of bots registering the site just to change their sig and add links to them. I also prevented sigs from showing up for lurkers, but whatever :P

Ahh ok ok I see the flag and it did work, but it didn't happen automatically.  FYI - I fixed my issue.  It was not related to Aeva.  It was a coding error on my display.template.php file.

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

YogiBear

Thanks, Nao. I fear my email may not be correct though.

Edit : It's been some hours since but still no activation e-mail and I've checked the trash section of my software. I've also clicked on your site for it to be re-sent but no luck.

I've made a mess-up of it somehow, probably leaving off the last letter. Can you take a look at see please, Nao?

Thanks.  :-[

Advertisement: