General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cat McFarlane

Quote from: Grumpy Old Sod on August 12, 2013, 01:30:36 AM
QuoteCould that have broken it?

This has nothing to do with it.

If I'd deleted those folders etc in quota before uninstalling, it may have meant a clean uninstall?

FrizzleFried

When you click in to those profiles... it allows you to set quotas for each membergroup... did you go in and look to see what they are set at?

Cat McFarlane

Quote from: FrizzleFried on August 12, 2013, 11:06:56 AM
When you click in to those profiles... it allows you to set quotas for each membergroup... did you go in and look to see what they are set at?

Thanks so much; every one of them is at 0kb. And the images ribbon on ipad just shows little squares.

Kindred

do the images show on a real computer with a real browser?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cat McFarlane

Quote from: Kindred on August 12, 2013, 05:26:35 PM
do the images show on a real computer with a real browser?

Yes, they do show fine on computer in browser. Still can't upload anything also in Aeva, so the pictures I can see in pc browswer are from before delete/reinstall.  Same 'ipad view' [blue thumbnails] in firefox browser.
Thanks, Cat

EDIT: I have just seen in the 'maintenance' section an error and have attached part of it in a picture.
Also a constant error that I'm not sure may be involved. Attached picture also.
Quota sections all now 2048kb since changing something in Aeva settings.

'Cannot find proper destination on the server, please contact your administrator' happens now when I try to upload.

And if I backup the entire forum, do a fresh install and then bring in the backup file, that would have the same errors encoded into it?

should all permissions be 755 throughout mgal_data? and should I enable cache in Aeva settings?
Got a UTF-8 error I noticed somewhere, and I'd set Convert UTF-8 strings to entities? to always. Is it better if I attach pictures of all Aeva settings?

Thanks

Kindred

Cat,

We've already told you that the undefined notes error has nothing to do with AEVA

so, you are now saying that - after you added a real number to the quota - you are getting a different error?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cat McFarlane

Quote from: Kindred on August 12, 2013, 09:37:17 PM
Cat,

We've already told you that the undefined notes error has nothing to do with AEVA

so, you are now saying that - after you added a real number to the quota - you are getting a different error?

very confused by the entire thing, so I'm just putting down anything I see, incase that shows what the error is. Entire site relies on gallery for launching, so am really stressed ... just putting whatever I can that could help show the error. Plus I was hoping to know how to stop the undefined errors thing ... 1000's every day. No, changing quota hasn't changed anything. Just putting other errors that I'm noticing.
thanks  :)

Kindred

Ok...   this is obviously not working.

Can you PM me an admin login and url to look at your settings and hopefully see what you missed??

As for the undefined...   you need to ask in the support thread for that mod
(looks like some sort of "notepad" mod)
Слaва
Украинi

Cat McFarlane

Quote from: Kindred on August 12, 2013, 09:58:49 PM
Ok...   this is obviously not working.

Can you PM me an admin login and url to look at your settings and hopefully see what you missed??

As for the undefined...   you need to ask in the support thread for that mod
(looks like some sort of "notepad" mod)

Thanks so much :-) I'll PM. And ask in the other thread.  :)

FrizzleFried

I am still wondering if she's put in some proper sizes in the quota screen?!  That element seems to be missing from her explanations thus far...

Cat McFarlane

Quote from: FrizzleFried on August 12, 2013, 10:13:20 PM
I am still wondering if she's put in some proper sizes in the quota screen?!  That element seems to be missing from her explanations thus far...

Thanks FrizzleFried  :) All those fields had said 0, then I entered 2048 somewhere in Aeva's settings and they all then changed to 2048. Still not able to upload unfortunately. There are so many settings in Aeva, plus trying to work v fast, a lot to learn.

Cat McFarlane

Would you believe it ... deleted old albums, started new one and it's working fine! Thanks so much for any help.  :)

Arantor

Cat McFarlane

Hiya :-)

I was avoiding allowing members to moderate, in permissions, but realise that is possibly stopping them voting! People can comment, but not vote. I didn't know until today, until someone told me. If I give permission to moderate, does that mean only to vote. I don't want to give full control over the gallery/full moderation ability, yet need them to be able to vote on each others' artworks.

Thanks so much, Cat

Kindred

No. Moderate is just what it sounds like.... It lets them Unapprove and even delete other people's stuff.

Allowing to vote is a standard permissions, either in SMF permissions or in the aeva specific permissions section.... Remember, there are TWO. Spots where permissions are controlled for this mod
Слaва
Украинi

Cat McFarlane

Quote from: Kindred on August 26, 2013, 07:52:33 AM
No. Moderate is just what it sounds like.... It lets them Unapprove and even delete other people's stuff.

Allowing to vote is a standard permissions, either in SMF permissions or in the aeva specific permissions section.... Remember, there are TWO. Spots where permissions are controlled for this mod

Thanks so much Kindred  :) That fixed it; hadn't noticed those settings! Much appreciate.  :)

PLAYBOY

I have thousands of images in my gallery and when I try to mass download the content of an album, it gives me an index.php instead of the zip with images.

One album has 24.000 images in it and I have few albums. How can i download all of my images at once?

Also an auto watermark system would be so nice for this mod.

Kindred

This mod is not being actively developed for SMF...   so, no additional features, unless you write them

As for the index.php problem....   that is usually a SERVER side problem
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

More accurately, 24,000 images shoved through a single script is almost certainly going to be failing because of either a timeout or an out of memory (or both)

Advertisement: