News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Theme] Simplicity (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, January 23, 2005, 12:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miraenda

Thanks a lot, I'll implement this later tonight when I have a chance and let you know how it went. :)

destalk

Quote from: Bloc on March 21, 2005, 06:56:04 AM
But: Index.template.php + BoardIndex.tempalte + MessageIndex + Display, all contain an error when showing the "UserTools" type of titles - they are followed by a </span > with a </b > AFTER it, it should be BEFORE it , because the <b > is started AFTER <span >. A slip up, and since I copied that bit many places, it will have to be corrected many places.

There were also some trouble with missing, and too many <div ></div > in the index so i had to rewrite it some.

As you understand nothing staggering wrong, but more annoying bugs, and of course wrong to the validator.  ::)

I haven't noticed any visible 'errors' with the current templates. Is there something I'm missing?

Miraenda

The current template doesn't have these I thought though? Isn't that what changes were made to update it for this time to have it validated?

bloc

Quote from: destalk on March 21, 2005, 07:53:36 PM
Quote from: Bloc on March 21, 2005, 06:56:04 AM
But: Index.template.php + BoardIndex.tempalte + MessageIndex + Display, all contain an error when showing the "UserTools" type of titles - they are followed by a </span > with a </b > AFTER it, it should be BEFORE it , because the <b > is started AFTER <span >. A slip up, and since I copied that bit many places, it will have to be corrected many places.

There were also some trouble with missing, and too many <div ></div > in the index so i had to rewrite it some.

As you understand nothing staggering wrong, but more annoying bugs, and of course wrong to the validator.  ::)

I haven't noticed any visible 'errors' with the current templates. Is there something I'm missing?

I am talking about what the validator reads...browsers are forgiving for some errors, but the validator is not. ;)

destalk

Thought so, just checking. I was hoping to put off updating for a week or so, as life is a bit busy at the moment and everything seems to be working great. Out of sight, out of mind and all that.  ;)

Apnomis

Quote from: destalk on March 21, 2005, 08:30:03 PM
Thought so, just checking. I was hoping to put off updating for a week or so, as life is a bit busy at the moment and everything seems to be working great. Out of sight, out of mind and all that.  ;)

My thoughts exactly lol!

Miraenda

Quote from: Bloc on March 05, 2005, 05:07:28 PM
Thank you. ;D

I will see if I can provide with a Paypal button up there.

Edit: There is one now.

Bloc, did you remove the button after adding it previously? I used it before a few days after you originally posted that, but now I can't find it at bloczone.net unless I'm missing something. I could just go back to PayPal to see what your email addy was, but you may have changed the email and I don't want to send to the wrong one.  If you removed the button for a reason, that's fine.  Just wondered :)

destalk

Bloc

Not sure if anyone has asked this, but I wonder if it's possible to track how many users are using each of the colours? Or perhaps more sensibly, to keep a track of how many times a different colour has been chosen from the menu. On our site we have just started a vote on which is the favourite colour, but not many people have bothered to vote.

It would be  a helpful tool in finding out which colour to make the default.

bloc

I did in fact just hide it...it was waiting for an image that slowed things down at the time. But I will turn it on again. ;)

Miraenda

DickinsMCF

I have spend the last hour and a half looking for the perfect theme. This is A++++++++++ . It looks like a highly paid job. Excellent work. By this weekend visit my forum at www.matteon.co.uk to check it out.

bloc

Quote from: destalk on March 23, 2005, 03:16:16 AM
Bloc

Not sure if anyone has asked this, but I wonder if it's possible to track how many users are using each of the colours? Or perhaps more sensibly, to keep a track of how many times a different colour has been chosen from the menu. On our site we have just started a vote on which is the favourite colour, but not many people have bothered to vote.

Its an interesting thought. I am not sure how it can be done though. ;) Maybe through the same routine that change the color - I have to check....the problem is to avoid any pure mysql calls in the theme..

bloc

bloc

Quote from: DickinsMCF on March 23, 2005, 07:39:21 AM
I have spend the last hour and a half looking for the perfect theme. This is A++++++++++ . It looks like a highly paid job. Excellent work. By this weekend visit my forum at www.matteon.co.uk to check it out.

Glad you like it.:)

I will keep an eye out for your site.

destalk

Quote from: Bloc on March 23, 2005, 07:51:06 AM
Quote from: destalk on March 23, 2005, 03:16:16 AM
Bloc

Its an interesting thought. I am not sure how it can be done though. ;) Maybe through the same routine that change the color - I have to check....the problem is to avoid any pure mysql calls in the theme..

No worries. It was just a thought, hardly a priority.  :)

Miraenda

I do know that phpBB has a mod that allows people to see what themes are being used.  A forum I belong to where the mod is installed is at http://rml3.com/forum/ and you can see at the top the Change Style dropdown with the number of users at that particular theme in brackets.  This wouldn't give the number choosing the style each day for any statistical tracking, but something similar for simplicity could be done that would let you know which users have which colors selected.

I'd provide a link to the mod but I can't find it on phpbb.com even and the search there isn't working lol (I'm getting a blank page for each search I try).

Vicious

How do you install this theme and does it work for smf 1.0.2???

thanks

Vicious

DickinsMCF

It does indeed.

Just download the *.tar.gz file to your HDD. Upload it to your server using 'Theme and layout settings' tab. It really does look great.

See www.matteon.co.uk (not in the next 24 hours though!)

destalk

Just realised that in the latest version, the jumpto menu has popped back to above the Quick Reply box.  Was that intentional? If so, would you mind letting me know how to put it underneath the reply again. Thanks.

Miraenda

Guess that darn box likes to jump around :D (sorry destalk, couldn't resist)

Advertisement: