News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Google Member Map

Started by Spuds, December 12, 2007, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genieuk

Had to manually install due to mod conflict with custom actions, WOW! i love it thanks ever so much, clean, tidy and works great!

My members will love this,

Cheers!

Mathew

brianjw

A.SK, if all the edits are there then you are using the latest version. There is new code to it so...

But I do recall you manually adding global $scripturl; to the file.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: brianjw on November 01, 2008, 09:33:18 PM
A.SK, if all the edits are there then you are using the latest version. There is new code to it so...

But I do recall you manually adding global $scripturl; to the file.

Yes you have helped me to avoid the error .
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

genieuk

BUG

A member of mine who is female is not good with computers so i pinned her on the map. Using my admin account i go to her profile and pin her to the post code she gave me, when i checked on the google map she shows as male now not female because i edited it for her, i am male just so you know. So basically if admin goes to the users profile and does it for them they change from female to male or  vice versa, she still has in her profile female selected but member map thinks different.

so i told her to do it herself giving her instructions thinking it would change the pin back to a pink one but it does not and she still showing a blue pin. ???

Mathew

Sabre™

hmmm...
Just for a test, and quick solution until Brian looks into this, have you tried changing your sex to female for a sec, and re~adding her pin? Does that work?
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

genieuk

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 02, 2008, 03:27:41 PM
hmmm...
Just for a test, and quick solution until Brian looks into this, have you tried changing your sex to female for a sec, and re~adding her pin? Does that work?

Hi i done what you suggested and she still a male, i changed myself to female and then changed her pin to see if it do anything and it did not.

Also how do i please change the width of the google map page as on 1024 x 600 resolution it slightly goes outside my theme ???

Thank you,
Mathew

I am glad it updated me back to male after testing what you said, my members would have been confused otherwise lol  :o

brianjw

@genieuk:

I just did a test on a fresh SMF 1.1.6 install and that bug does not happen. So it seems to be a problem with your site, not the mod.

Also, to change the map size, open GoogleMap.template.php and find:
<div id="map" onmousewheel="cancelscroll()" style="width: 675px; height: 500px; color: #000000;"></div>
and edit the part where it says style="width: 675px; to your own width. ;)

If you looked on the first page you would've found that lol. :P

Sabre™

Quote from: genieuk on November 02, 2008, 03:37:14 PM
I am glad it updated me back to male after testing what you said, my members would have been confused otherwise lol  :o
LOL

Hey Brian,
in a future release, will the  "street view"  option be implemented?
Im not sure how this all works, but thats a pretty cool option to have also.

Cheers
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

genieuk

Quote from: brianjw on November 02, 2008, 04:58:18 PM
@genieuk:

I just did a test on a fresh SMF 1.1.6 install and that bug does not happen. So it seems to be a problem with your site, not the mod.

Also, to change the map size, open GoogleMap.template.php and find:
<div id="map" onmousewheel="cancelscroll()" style="width: 675px; height: 500px; color: #000000;"></div>
and edit the part where it says style="width: 675px; to your own width. ;)

If you looked on the first page you would've found that lol. :P

I can't understand that, as male/female shows fine on member profiles etc it only happens if admin adds pin for another member which if they different gender.

Not sure how i would check such problem.

brianjw

No Sabre.

1.) It would be too hard to code.

2.) It wouldn't work anyway. You can't input any sort of API codes on the Street View portions. Why? Because Google doesn't offer it yet.

I tried to get the Google Earth view to work on this but that is also not an option.

genieuk, not sure. :o

Sabre™

Yeah cool. Thanks for the explanation Brian :)

I just tried adding a female members pin via my Admin account genieuk.
Brian is right, it would have to be something with your site, as it worked ok for me.

genieuk

OH,

I am very sorry, i zoomed in and it is ok, my fault, i just noticed a pin in front of it.

My head sometimes

Sorry,

Thank you,
Mathew

Sabre™

AHAHAHAHAAAAA

Glad you sorted that out mate lol

brianjw

Lol :) Yep, glad you got it as well.

genieuk

Quote from: brianjw on November 02, 2008, 07:39:56 PM
Lol :) Yep, glad you got it as well.

I dreaded the manual install of this mod and was rather suprised how easy it actually was. Thanks for a great mod i love it.  :D

Mathew

hadi100

Hello

i have a Problem.
i changed nothing on my Forum but since bout 3 Weeks there are no more the Membermap online. There only a grey field and nothing else. Have anyone a Sugestion??

thanks for your Help.

I tried also to but a newer Version on ther but there comes a Fatal error Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifygooglemapsettings() (previously declared in /home/....../Sources/ModSettings.php:396) in /home/....../Sources/ModSettings.php on line 438

brianjw

The redeclare error means that the same code is in that file more than once. This usually happens when installing and uninstalling issues occur. Just open up the ModSettings.php file and look for the duplicate codes around line 438. ;)

Have you raised the amount of pins allowed in admin? It could be you're allowing too many. Google can only support so many pins on one map.

hadi100

Hello

The Problem with the Error is solved but there is still the same with no Google Map ! I did no change on it!

Sabre™

Quote from: LOADING... on November 09, 2008, 07:01:11 PM
:( you must be having a bad day

That was helpful.

@ hadi100
Have you tried grabbing another api key?
Dont forget to add the direct line to your forum.

Did you add a new mod before your issue occurred?
Have you tried viewing through another browser?

Which brings me to my issue lol
Ive installed this on a forum that is 2 days old, with a few mods(none of which should interfere).
In FF, I see the map perfect.

In IE my test account(user) cannot see the map or those that have added pins, in the  action=googlemap  section.
In the profile area, you can see it fine.

In FF this is all working by design for my user account, just not in IE.
I have tested this on another site, and this rings true for that also.
Have you come across this before?

I checked using 2ntense's old code to fix a similar issue, but that code has already been implemented.

smf 1.1.7
googlemap 1.0beta4

All assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thank You :)

Advertisement: