News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Google Member Map

Started by Spuds, December 12, 2007, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimdom

Excellent mod and everything in working fine...

Except from this template (?) error in the members map page:

Any ideas?

Watch this (tiny) error at:

http://www.authorway.com/SMF/index.php?action=googlemap

CrazyCreator

Hello,
when install the memper map mod, i become a white side in the modificationsarea.

i mean this link: /admin/?area=modsettings

SMF Version: SMF 2.0 RC1.2
and i have installed the pretty urls mod
Ist jeder der sich nicht beschwert, am Ende wirklich unbeschwert?

brianjw

Hi dimdom,

While Nas has taken over this mod, I can still answer some questions.

This is a problem with the overflow.

If you want to fix it yourself, you can try to use the following URL:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Maps-API/browse_thread/thread/48f1bd3a7f4eaece

You would have to apply that fix to the GoogleMap.template.php in ./Themes/default/

C4G-TK

@brianjw

Just wanted to say thanks for all your work you've given to this in the past.  I've used it on two of my forums and my members (and I) have really enjoyed using it.  We appreciate your time and effort!

Thank you!

-img removed-

Özgür

Is this mod compatible with smf 2.0 rc1?
So Long

brianjw

Quote from: [Daydreamer] on August 28, 2009, 01:28:31 AM
Is this mod compatible with smf 2.0 rc1?
It is not compatible.

Quote from: ardhie on August 28, 2009, 05:00:11 AM
i confused ???
About? I was the former supporter of this mod. Nas has taken over the mod. So for now, all support will be directed (in a sense) towards him. Of course, this does not mean you should PM him, because most people do not answer support PM's.

You may see me come in and answer some simple questions. But I will not in anyway be maintaining this mod.

November

Looking forward to port for RC version :)

dimdom

Quote from: brianjw on August 27, 2009, 05:14:41 PM
Hi dimdom,

While Nas has taken over this mod, I can still answer some questions.

This is a problem with the overflow.

If you want to fix it yourself, you can try to use the following URL:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Maps-API/browse_thread/thread/48f1bd3a7f4eaece

You would have to apply that fix to the GoogleMap.template.php in ./Themes/default/

Thank you for the hint, brianjw.

Kellerassel

i hope smf 2.xx will release as soon as possible, so i can use google maps without install problem ;)

clubbernz

I've had this installed for awhile and love it.  However I'm using an older version, to update the mod, do we use the package installer?

Just worried about double ups of code and or losing member locations that are already on the map.

Darthemis

Hello everyone!

Well... I've installed the mod in my forum and almost everything is perfect ^^

I have a template different from the default, SMF 1.1.8, theme SoftWhite.

My index.template.php is attached. I would like to know how can I modify this file to introduce what the mod needs...

Can anybody help me?

Than you very much indeed :)

Kindred

1- upgrade to smf 1.1.10 ASAP! you are two revisions back and there are known (and since then, patched) security issues.

2- look at the coding for the other buttons on your theme...    (I typically pick the calendar are a baseline).   Copy it into the correct location in the button list and then apply changes to target the map mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SilverKnight

eek...10.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed

on 1.1.10... needs update XD

Sabre™

It is not the mod which is the problem.
If you have other mods installed, it is most likely that they have altered the code that this mod searches for, which means you will need to install this mod manually into that template.
So it is your ModSettings.php which requires the update XD
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

12footer

I got this when I tried to add this mod to my site

What is required for me to make this work?  Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Kindred

well, it would help if people read other messages or used search.  This question is asked in every single mod thread and is answered at least 20 times in said threads.

It means that some other mod has modified your code so the mod can not automatically install in those files. you will have to read the mod manual instructions and manually change the code in those files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

12footer

Kindred,
Thanks for your reply.  I will look back over the thread as I should have done prior to posting.  I am not a computer whiz so if I can't find how to manually install it I will likely have to ask again.  Thanks again, this looks like a wicked mod that will enhance my site greatly!

Cheers

R~

Sabre™

Just add the code for Modifications.english-utf8.php to the end of that file before  ?>

If you have trouble editing your ModSettings.php due to the edits the other mods have made, then attach that template to your next post, and somebody will do it for you.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

mattchewone

Got these errors when trying to install

1.   Extract File   ./Sources/GoogleMap.php   
2.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/Clusterer2.js   
3.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/GoogleMap.template.php   
4.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/images/google_earth_feed.gif   
5.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/images/english/googlemap.gif   
6.   Execute Code   add_settings20.php   
   7.   Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test failed
   1.   Add Before   ./index.php   Test failed
   2.   Add Before   ./index.php   Test failed
   8.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Admin.php   Test successful
   9.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Load.php   Test successful
   10.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test successful
   11.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test successful
   12.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Profile-Modify.php   Test failed
   1.   Add After   ./Sources/Profile-Modify.php   Test successful
   2.   Replace   ./Sources/Profile-Modify.php   Test failed
   3.   Add Before   ./Sources/Profile-Modify.php   Test successful
   13.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
   1.   Add After   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
   2.   Add After   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
   14.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php   Test failed
   1.   Add After   ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php   Test failed
   2.   Add After   ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php   Test successful
   15.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test successful
16.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php   Skipping file
   17.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/ManageSettings.english.php   Test failed
   1.   Add After   ./Themes/default/languages/ManageSettings.english.php   Test failed
   18.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php   Test successful

Advertisement: