Google Member Map

Started by Spuds, December 12, 2007, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

You didnt add the language strings in Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php

$txt['googleMapsEnable'] = 'Enable the Google Member Map';
$txt['googleMapsEnableLegend'] = 'Show a Pin Legend';
$txt['googleSidebar'] = 'Where to show sidebar';
$txt['googleMapsKey'] = 'The key from the Google Maps API Page';
$txt['googleMapsPinGender'] = 'Should the pins reflect users gender?';
$txt['KMLoutput_enable'] = 'Should the compressed KML output be allowed? (KML is a file that is downloadable on the Google Map page that displays all the member pins inside Google Earth)';
$txt['googleMapsPinNumber'] = 'Number of max pins to show on map';
$txt['googleMapsType'] = 'The map type to show';
$txt['googleMapsDefaultLat'] = 'The default Latitude';
$txt['googleMapsDefaultLong'] = 'The default Longitude';
$txt['googleMapsDefaultZoom'] = 'The defualt Zoom';
$txt['googleMapsEnableClusterer'] = 'Enable Pin Clustering';
$txt['googleMapsMinMarkerCluster'] = 'Minimum Pins Per Cluster';
$txt['googleMapsMaxVisMarker'] = 'Maximum Visable Pins On Map';
$txt['googleMapsMaxNumClusters'] = 'Max Number of Clusters';
$txt['googleMapsMaxLinesCluster'] = 'Max Number of lines in Cluster Info Box';
$txt['googleMapFO'] = 'Member Map'

before the ?> at the end of the file.

shaiss

-Shai
If you ride on two wheels you need to ocmoto.com!

KensonPlays

Quote from: shaiss on February 04, 2010, 03:35:50 PM
Hopefully this doesn't get buried.
I've setup the mod and everything works except the admin side.  On the Features and options there is no tab for the member map, theres a space for it, but its blank.
If you manage to get to the settings the text boxes are there, but the lables are blank.

I've run the tough the parse for 1.1.11 manual setup and verified everything, any ideas?

Yes, I get this for the simpleSEF and a few other mods, and I run 2.0RC2!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Mick.

Quote from: Stigmartyr on February 03, 2010, 03:14:47 AM
Quote from: BlueDevil on February 02, 2010, 10:40:28 PM

Cool, thanx.   My custom theme doent have a profile.template so im good there.  It uses it from default.

Any luck getting it going?

Ooops, yes i did.    I cant believe i missed that post.  Usually i read this thread.

Stigmartyr

Quote from: shaiss on February 04, 2010, 03:35:50 PM
Hopefully this doesn't get buried.
I've setup the mod and everything works except the admin side.  On the Features and options there is no tab for the member map, theres a space for it, but its blank.
If you manage to get to the settings the text boxes are there, but the lables are blank.

I've run the tough the parse for 1.1.11 manual setup and verified everything, any ideas?

Well if you're not using SMF2 then I wouldn't blame it on the file cache.  Did you make sure that all the edits were made to the themes/default language files?  You said you went through it, but Im just asking cause that appears to be what the issue is.  Also make sure that any files that were suppossed to be extracted to the site, indeed got copied there.

Kindred

either you are not running your board in English (english utf-8 is different from english) or your custom theme has it's own modifications.english.php (and you would have to manually add the language strings)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Marcus Forsberg

Thanks to everyone who are trying to update this mod to SMF 2.0 RC2. If you get something done, feel free to send it to me and I'll either upload it here or transfer the mod into your ownership.

I have marked this modification as Archived for now, as I don't have the time or interest to actively support or develop it on this very moment.
Once SimpleDesk and my other mods and projects come further along, I will update this modification for the latest version and start to support it again, unless someone else wishes to.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

HorTs

That's a real shame. I hope someone will take this over.

Mick.

I got it working in my RC2 manually..... i can go ahead and pack it for RC2 sometime.

Marcus Forsberg

BlueDevil: That'd be great. I really want to see someone supporting this mod, as it is a great piece of work.

Mick.

Quote from: Nas on February 10, 2010, 02:32:02 PM
BlueDevil: That'd be great. I really want to see someone supporting this mod, as it is a great piece of work.

Im converting it right now for RC2.  Almost done...and testing.

The thing is,....  i dont know anything about 1.1.x series event tho' i do have a copy for testing purposes.

lol..

Mick.

Ok i packed it and loaded without errors to RC2 ;)

Just working some minor stuff in the readme file.

Marcus Forsberg

Thanks. If you post it here/send it to me via PM I will look at it tomorrow, and edit the mod settings to make you the owner. :)

Mick.

Oooops, i didnt know you posted.  Must be cuz i had 10 browsers opened :P

Here it is for RC2 attached.

Demo: http://www.bluedevilcustoms.com/index.php?action=googlemap

More-to-life

You've an old man very happy

Thank you ;D
UK Bike Forum - The biggest motorcycle forum magazine in Wales UK.
Gear Up Magazine - Gear Up Motorcycle Magazine.
United Bikers UK Motorcycle Forum - A Brand New UK Bike Forum.
Used Cars South Wales - Search For Your Next Used Car In Laleston, Bridgend, South Wales.
Bikers Of Wales Motorcycle Website - Motorbike Info
Honda - Honda UK

Mick.

Quote from: welshbikers on February 10, 2010, 06:10:15 PM
You've an old man very happy

Thank you ;D

lol....glad you verified it works.

HorTs

For me it still only leaves a blank space in the users profile where the map should be. Any ideas?

Mick.

Quote from: HorTs on February 11, 2010, 05:06:34 AM
For me it still only leaves a blank space in the users profile where the map should be. Any ideas?

Do you see the map at all in the profile?  Did you get the key from google maps?

HorTs

In the profile there is no map at all, just a map sized space. In the menu item the map is present.

I have aquired and entered an API key.

Mick.

Quote from: HorTs on February 11, 2010, 10:06:43 AM
In the profile there is no map at all, just a map sized space. In the menu item the map is present.

I have aquired and entered an API key.

Did you pinned yourself in the map?  Did you "checked" membergroups in permissions?

I am moving the map at the moment to a lower position right above the signature......but anyways, show should be able to see the map regardless where it is in the profile.

Advertisement: