nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nneonneo

I apologize for not responding for the last two weeks.

It seems I somehow managed to un-notify the thread, and because I'm kind of lazy (:P) I didn't come back to check for replies manually.

Since over 80 replies have been made since I last replied, I ask that any unanswered questions be asked again.

Again, sorry for the trouble.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

nneonneo

OK, let me try replying to a few of these...

@Rafferty: Edit settings.php and remove the <br /> from preg_timeformat

@serafimus: Does the character problem happen in UTF8, or only in CP1251? I can't reproduce the problem in UTF8 mode.

Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

picos

nneonneo, I'm trying to get this working with smf 2 rc1.  I worked fine in the beta 4 but now it's erroring and doesn't install due to failed tests.

Where the shoutbox is meant to be it has this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedto() in /home/errclan/public_html/forum/yshout/yshout.php on line 69

Rafferty

Quote from: nneonneo on March 01, 2009, 12:15:56 AM
OK, let me try replying to a few of these...

@Rafferty: Edit settings.php and remove the <br /> from preg_timeformat

@serafimus: Does the character problem happen in UTF8, or only in CP1251? I can't reproduce the problem in UTF8 mode.

Thank you very much, works fine.
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

bramar

I'm sorry for asking a question again. I have a problem with Smiley tool bar. :) I have smiley.php and use SMF 2 RC1. Can anyone attach, or send me smiley_SMF2.php so I can have custom smilies???

nneonneo

@bramar: attached here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg1388091#msg1388091

@picos: It seems that problem is becoming more common. I still cannot track down the source. What other mods do you have installed?
spammers here!

picos

I uninstalled all the other mods and I even tried a fresh install of smf 2rc1.  The same issue appears... have you managed to get the shoutbox working with SMF rc1 at all?

Thanks!

nneonneo

Yes, on my personal test server, it works fine...

Does it work on /yshout/index.php? Does it show "nothing to do" on yshout/yshout.php?
spammers here!

serafimus

Quote from: nneonneo on March 01, 2009, 12:15:56 AM

CP1251

(i'm not tested in UTF8, because dont use it on forum... but, yes, it should work fine without corrections in UTF8)

juniorj23

hey i put my shout box on a page of its own but it keep on saying shoutbox loading and nothing else...  http://dakaration.com/chatroom.html 

nneonneo

@juniorj23: Did you follow the example given on yshout/index.php? It looks as if there is only the <div id="yshout"> part, without any of the JavaScript...
spammers here!

victoryrock

I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, I get this error:

Warning: include_once(yshout/yshout.php)failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/143/site2/web/forum/index.php on line 42

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'yshout/yshout.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/home/solarspeed/php/share/pear') in home/.sites/143/site2/web/forum/index.php on line 42

AND THEN...

I try to uninstall it and get this error:

2.[/t] Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed
3.[/t] Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

I have attached both my index.php  and index.template.php. 

Can someone please help me and look at them and tell what I did wrong?  I am new to manually changing things and don't want to mess things up.

Thanks a million.
VR[/hr]

nneonneo

Can you check to make sure the yshout/ directory is still there? If not, upload it again from the package's zip file.
spammers here!

victoryrock

here's a screenshot of what I have:

nneonneo

Why is yshout.php renamed to yshout2.php? Also, which version of the shoutbox (AdvSB or SB, plus version number) are you using?
spammers here!

victoryrock

Ooops, forgot to change that back to yshout.php.

My original error message is this:

Warning: fopen(yshout/chats/home.txt)failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/.sites/143/site2/web/forum/yshout/yshout.php on line 684
File error (writeLine); aborted

Then I was trying to figure it out.  File yshout.php attached

Groundhog

Hi

I wonder if anyone will know why this is happening.

I managed to get the shoutbox to work in Firefox from a simpleportal block. However, when I view the same page in IE the block is there but the shoutbox stuff isn't. The block height is at a minimum. I was wondering if there is a way to force the block height in php to reveal the shout box.

The code that works in the block is this.

// SHOUTBOX HERE
global $txt,$context,$boarddir;
if(allowedTo('yshout_view'))
{
echo '<div id="yshout">';
include_once($boarddir.'/yshout/yshout.php');
echo '</div>';
}
elseif($context['user']['is_guest'])
echo $txt['yshout_no_guests'];
// SHOUTBOX END

I also removed this code from the indextemplate.php

Here is the page that I have the shoutbox:

www.HopeCentreBurundi.com

Thanks for any advise ?

ameo

nneonneo could you be so kind and check this problem

Forum

shoutbox is after few seconds gone, and it looks like it refreshes itself invisible.
it shows up itself but problem is in that that disappears. i don't want that to happen.

any way to stop it?
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

allymcbeal

Is possible to add some button like "BOLD" "UNDErline" "change colour" ecc...?

nneonneo

@ameo: I get the error "Error: No settings" on http://www.hspsibinj.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=35&yshout. Can you check the settings.php file and make sure the paths are right?

@victoryrock: To fix that, you should chmod the chats folder and the .txt files within it to 755, 777, 644 or 666 depending on what works (the correct setting varies from host to host).

@Groundhog: It works for me in IE 8 (using compatibility mode to force it to behave as IE 7). Does it occur if you logout?

@allymcbeal: It should be possible, based on the smiley script, but so far nobody has done it :(
spammers here!

Advertisement: