News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Started by homebrewdave, September 08, 2013, 05:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homebrewdave

Hi everyone
Got a problem I cant fix and cant find answer.

when anyone trys to log in to the site (''') it says  -
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

but I am logged in still but cant get in the admin to see whats going on, can tell you that site was off total too for 3 to 4 hours and they home page not open up.

ive not logged out to login as other Administrator cant login at all.

any ideas ? please help!

Dave

homebrewdave

cant do anything, change a setting, post on a page getting

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message: Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

kat

Yuk. This is one of those, Dave...

First off, try emptying your forum's cache, in Forum maintenance.

Try renaming the cookie, in Server settings.

Look at these two, in Server settings>Cookies and sessions:

Enable local storage of cookies
(SSI won't work well with this on.)

Use subdomain independent cookies
(turn off local cookies first!)

One will be checked, the other not. Try swapping them around.

If none of those works...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?as_q=&as_epq=Session+verification+failed&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=www.simplemachines.org%2Fcommunity&as_occt=&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=not+filtered+by+licence

Sir Osis of Liver

Sounds like he can't get to ACP.  Seeing database error at bottom of main index.

Was anything changed when problem occurred?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

margarett

You can try repair_settings to change cookie name. That would allow you to gain access, at least temporary (until that issue returns)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Colin

If you are unfamiliar with repair_settings.php have a look at the following wiki article.

What is repair_settings.php?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

homebrewdave

hi all and thanks for getting back to me.
I pass the info on to the Administrator that as host control and maybe he can reset the Cookies and sessions.
nothing as been changed today, I made some changes but was on site hours after logging in and out with no problem, only chance was this 3 / 4 hour crash.

how do I try repair_settings to change cookie name ? is this a host setting from other page??

I looked at - What is repair_settings.php? but its over my head don't understand that well.

Dave

margarett

Open it, you will see the field where you can change the cookie name
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

homebrewdave

yeah tried it and it comes up page cant be found?

blank internet page.

homebrewdave

if I try http://[snipped]/forum/index.php/repair_settings.php I get homepage no setting to change.

if I try http://[snipped]/forum/repair_settings.php I get a blue screen or page for about 2 secs and take me to a page on website.

don't think that work at min too.

Colin

I removed the domains from your links as you don't want anyone to be able to access repair_settings.

Make sure that you upload repair settings to the root of your forum directory (/forum) and then point your browser to it.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

homebrewdave

got in and cleared cache, plus found errors and they fixed now  8) and site running better, Thanks everyone !!!

Advertisement: