News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Resize Attached Images (Updated for 2.0 RC4)

Started by Kays, October 17, 2009, 04:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opel-GT-Cabrio

Hello everybody,

very quiet here which seems to be sign for the smoothly running mod (does a great job in my forum since 10 years).
Unfortunately only up to the moment when I had to switch vom PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.
Now the mod throws a critical error "Path cannot be empty" when trying to post something with an attachment.

Anybody out there who experienced the same and has a solution for that?

@Kays: Are you still around and able to help?

Running my forum with SMF 2.0.19 under PHP 8.

Kind regards from Germany,
Norbert

Cuda Cody

@GL700Wing  I have tried the Automatic Attachment Rotation mod and I might be not using it right?  I was using the Resize Attached Images mod before our upgrade and what was nice since it resized the images before (or during) the upload process and made it easy for users to share photos.  The  Automatic Attachment Rotation mod seems really powerful however I can not seem to find where I set it to resize the image before or during upload so the user does not have to re-size before posting. The work around Image Processing Memory Limit mods does not seem to work with version 2.1.4.

Is there a way to update the original Resize Attached Images.  I've attached a screen shot of the settings we were using and it made it some anyone could upload any size photo and it didn't waste our disk space since it always resized them as it uploaded. 

Is there a way to make Automatic Attachment Rotation mod allow for unlimited photo size upload and resize it without eating up all our disk space?

Quote from: GL700Wing on March 19, 2019, 10:29:57 PMThis mod hasn't been updated in almost six years (and the author hasn't logged in since late 2014) - the Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize) mod does the same thing (and more).

GL700Wing

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 21, 2023, 03:08:42 PM@GL700Wing  I have tried the Automatic Attachment Rotation mod and I might be not using it right?  I was using the Resize Attached Images mod before our upgrade and what was nice since it resized the images before (or during) the upload process and made it easy for users to share photos.  The  Automatic Attachment Rotation mod seems really powerful however I can not seem to find where I set it to resize the image before or during upload so the user does not have to re-size before posting. The work around Image Processing Memory Limit mods does not seem to work with version 2.1.4.

Is there a way to update the original Resize Attached Images.  I've attached a screen shot of the settings we were using and it made it some anyone could upload any size photo and it didn't waste our disk space since it always resized them as it uploaded. 

Is there a way to make Automatic Attachment Rotation mod allow for unlimited photo size upload and resize it without eating up all our disk space?

Quote from: GL700Wing on March 19, 2019, 10:29:57 PMThis mod hasn't been updated in almost six years (and the author hasn't logged in since late 2014) - the Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize) mod does the same thing (and more).

If you are having issues with the  Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize) mod please post the details in a message in the support topic for that mod.

Please note that the functionality of the Resize Attached Images (Updated for 2.0 RC4) mod - which has not been updated since early 2013 - was incorporated into the Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize) mod in early 2018 and the functionality of the Image Processing Memory Limit mod (which is not compatible with SMF 2.1) was incorporated into the Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize) mod in late 2020.

Also, the  Resize Attached Images (Updated for 2.0 RC4)  mod only ever resized/compressed image attachments during the posting phase (ie, after the images have been attached/uploaded and while the message is being saved) using the image compression, width and/or height values configured for the mod. 

With the attachments system in SMF 2.1 a file size is now shown when a file is attached/uploaded (this did/does not happen in SMF 2.0) and for an image this is the size of the file before it is resized/compressed by the Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize) mod.  With SMF 2.1, and even though an image attachment is resized/compressed just after it is attached/uploaded and before a message is saved,  I have not been able to work out how to get the JS code to display the actual file size of a resized/compressed image (or to use the actual file size value of all the resized/compressed images when calculating the total size of all attachments).

If you use the same values in the Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize) mod that you were using in this mod the images will be resized/compressed using these settings.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Advertisement: