News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fustrate

Did you delete the first advanced_reputation_system.zip first? that one should work...

also, try saving the uninstall.php from your /temp/ folder to your desktop, open it, save it as really plain text (whatever the plainest option you have is) and re-upload it, then try uninstalling again.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Fustrate

Advanced Reputation System for SMF 1.1.x has been uploaded to the mod site. Please tell me if you encounter any errors or bugs, or even if it's just working fine :)
Steven Hoffman

Crank!

Sorry, but this does not work on 2.0RC1.

I did a fresh install on my forum yesterday and tried it again. The mod just either does not put the right buttons where it needs them or else. I tried to uninstall and once again I got the parse error. Now again I am stuck with a mod that won't work and won't uninstall.

Plus after installing this mod it renders the Karma inoperative so right now all I have is pain. Maybe you will get it fixed soon I hope. It looks like a good mod but maybe is not interacting well with other mods installed.

If you want to I can post a list of the installed Mods to cross check the ones that you already tested out.

Fustrate

Do you have any other mods installed that change/use karma?

To uninstall, upgrade to 1.7.2 and it'll uninstall correctly. The script got hit by a code change that wasn't supposed to be applied to that file, but it's fixed in 1.7.2 and will work as it should.

Also, did you do everything in the readme about turning it on and setting permissions?
Steven Hoffman

TheDisturbedOne

Re: Advanced Reputation System - Now Supporting SMF 1.1.8 and 2.0 RC1!

I love you in a completely un-gay way.

bchill

The green dots that display karma don't appear to be showing up for me.  It also reported Test Failed for ModSettings.english.php file.  Any ideas?

EDIT:  No images show up for me actually.  Just a colon.  :

TheDisturbedOne

Actually I found a few small bugs.  There are two hearts for the karma images, and instead of opening a new page to send it, the link opens on the same page, at the top of the topic display.

EDIT:  There might be two karma images if I paste the code twice :P

Fustrate

bchill: SMF version?
TDO: try doing a hard refresh on the topic display page.

and ModSettings.english.php will show as failed for absolutely no reason. It performs the action just fine, if you check it later.
Steven Hoffman

TheDisturbedOne

Yeah, it still has it on the top.  If I right click and open in new tab it shows the screen I want it to show.

bchill

I'm using SMF 1.1.8.  Getting no images at all, but it shows them being extracted successfully.

TheDisturbedOne

If you are using a custom theme (not default) make sure that all the images in the zip file are in the images directory of that theme

Fustrate

TDO - you didn't do the edits to style.css in your theme.
Steven Hoffman

TheDisturbedOne

Oh s***, I feel like such an idiot (mainly because I tell people to do that all the time on support)!
Thanks!

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman

bchill

Reinstalled and still not getting any images to show up.  I am using the default theme, but I've changed a lot around as I've made it my custom template.  I did this so that when mods are installed, it's installed to the default directory.  I've only changed the aesthetic aspects of the coding, nothing that should ruin the way mods install.  I've installed a few mods that have had no problems.  I've also uninstalled previous karma mods.

Fustrate

Check your images directory for these images:
karmaGood_basic.gif
karmaGood_super.gif
karmaBad_basic.gif
karmaBad_super.gif
karma_disabled_basic.gif
Steven Hoffman

bchill

yeah, they're in there

the karma logo (heart) displays properly, but the green bars don't

Fustrate

Can you post a link to your forum so I can check it out?
Steven Hoffman

Fustrate

Found the problem. Tell me if this installs and makes the images show.
Steven Hoffman

Advertisement: