News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SEARCHBOX - removing

Started by tin1, September 30, 2005, 12:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tin1

does anybody know how to remove "searchbox" and "news"  in forum theme? I saw tutorial here but I cant find it now :(

thanx !

forsakenlad

It would vary accoriding to the theme you are using ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

tin1

Quote from: forsakenlad on September 30, 2005, 12:54:25 PM

why ? is not index.template.php  same or similar for all themes ? I dont know woult it help..but I am using BlackDay theme...modified...just..I dont know which "echo" I should remove...and where...oh,yes !...I have another problem also...I installed shoutbox mode and enable it in my layout preferances...but I dont know how to put a link on it to open in another window...or the same window in the forum layout...hmmm. ::)

forsakenlad

Well then assuming you want to remove the code for all the top part (news, search, etc), I would advise you to delete all the code starting from <body> till the template_menu ;) And about the shoutbox, if I recall correctly that mod is only use for in the SMF template, I am not sure it has a pop-up functionality...
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

tin1

Quote from: forsakenlad on September 30, 2005, 12:54:25 PM

I think it does not matter.I just want to move news and search box...I saw somewhere here a great tutorial how to do that,but I am lost now...I used Dreamwave but I can not find coding shown in Dreamwave in my index.template.php ::)

tin1

Quote from: forsakenlad on September 30, 2005, 02:32:00 PM
Well then assuming you want to remove the code for all the top part (news, search, etc), I would advise you to delete all the code starting from <body> till the template_menu ;) And about the shoutbox, if I recall correctly that mod is only use for in the SMF template, I am not sure it has a pop-up functionality...

I just want to replace news and search with shoutbox...without popup.,to be integrated in the same page

Advertisement: