Help smf_personal_messages update database SMF 1.1.21 to SMF 2.1.4 manually

Started by phuong44dltt, May 10, 2024, 04:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phuong44dltt

I am upgrading from SMF 1.1.21 to SMF 2.1.4 manually. I do each table on the database.
When I made smf_personal_messages,
I don't know what to do with the id_pm_head column
What value should the id_pm_head column receive?

Arantor

Well, that's why you should run the 2.0 upgrade first which does this...

Not every step is easy to do by hand in SQL which is why running the upgrade script really is how you should do this.

phuong44dltt

Quote from: Arantor on May 10, 2024, 07:00:12 AMWell, that's why you should run the 2.0 upgrade first which does this...

Not every step is easy to do by hand in SQL which is why running the upgrade script really is how you should do this.
Thanks for your suggestion! I will test the update 2.0 code

Kindred

Why are you manually doing things that we literally wrote scripts to do?

Do you also plan to sit on the other end of the connection to type out every hit on your web page?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

phuong44dltt

Quote from: Kindred on May 10, 2024, 08:13:01 AMWhy are you manually doing things that we literally wrote scripts to do?

Do you also plan to sit on the other end of the connection to type out every hit on your web page?
Because my forum was written code with a lot of amateur code added, my data structure changed a lot!

Kindred

But why would you change the CORE data structure of the system?

That's just plain stupid, since it prevents you from doing REQUIRED updates....

And if you didn't CHANGE the core,  just added tables or columns... which is the correct way to customize a script, then the automated script upgrade should still work and only requires you to manually update your custom additions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: