News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Coppermine integration

Started by charlottezweb, November 07, 2003, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack

Bit of an update .. I've basically got the thing working  :D (with a few caveats)

Expect a 'so beta it hurts' release in a couple of days.

charlottezweb

Fizzy

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

pulpitfire

man, just give us an SMF-built gallery mod.  i like the coppermine, but am tired of always fiddling with it, to get it integrated.  you've already got the system to upload pictures, post comments, track stats, etc.  it seems like it would just be a matter of organizing it into a gallery and adding resize capability for thumbnails.

Grudge

Quote from: pege on March 04, 2004, 09:07:44 AM
man, just give us an SMF-built gallery mod.  i like the coppermine, but am tired of always fiddling with it, to get it integrated.  you've already got the system to upload pictures, post comments, track stats, etc.  it seems like it would just be a matter of organizing it into a gallery and adding resize capability for thumbnails.

Yea, cause I'm sure someone can "just" whip one up in a few hours...
I'm only a half geek really...

pulpitfire

well, basically, the boards already make it easy to upload and display your picture.  just make a "gallery" board, then add a thumbnail of the first image in a thread to the subject, in MessageIndex.  it's also pretty easy to query the last x-images, or display x - number of random images (hacked this into one of my boards fairly easily), if you want to add that to the MI.  You could reorganize the MI and tweak the Display.php (or whatever you call it now) to make it look more like a gallery.  once you get the thumbnail thing going, it seems like it wouldn't be too tough.  :)

Grudge

Ummm... I don't think that you just described is complete enough to compete against coppermine :)
I'm only a half geek really...

pulpitfire

well, what else do you want?  a disolving slide-show?  e-card from photo?  (i like that last feature, but couldn't really use it on my server any way, because they have a strict no-spam policy).  with all we're hearing about the new template system, it seems like it shouldn't be too hard. 

jack

I don't know what you find so complicated?

All you have to worry about is pointing one line in a file to where the forum is installed, and the Coppermine templates. ... Much easier than making a mod for SMF & keeping that maintained.

jack

Everyone should head over to the Charter Member's news section Right Now  ;)

Fizzy

Quote from: jack on March 04, 2004, 04:04:44 PM
Everyone should head over to the Charter Member's news section Right Now  ;)

Hey Jack,

Be sure to send us a postcard ;D

Not all of us can go there  :'(

jack

If you can't go there, you can't get SMF .. so what's the point?

DOn't worry, when SMF goes public, the bridge file will have been publicly available for quite a while :)

Fizzy

jack

Ach! GauGau has just sent out Coppermine 1.3 oto the testing teams :o

I knew I should have written the bridge against Coppermine CVS :-\ - hopefully it won't need changing.

Omar Bazavilvazo

Quote from: jack on March 05, 2004, 05:49:37 AM
Ach! GauGau has just sent out Coppermine 1.3 oto the testing teams :o

I knew I should have written the bridge against Coppermine CVS :-\ - hopefully it won't need changing.

heh...
Check it... and... hopefully, you can get rid of that ugly phpBB board at Coppermine site :P

Personal Signature:
HablaJapones
http://hablajapones.org
http://hablajapones.org/tutoriales.php

NO me manden PM para soporte o dudas
...Leo los foros como todos...

jack

lol .. I wanted to go with YSE, but got out-logic'ed by the fact that (1) ..the original board (that we managed to get the database for) was phpBB and  (2) .. GauGau had already installed it before I took an interest in the site ::)

[Unknown]

But converting is so easy!

-[Unknown]

Elden

*cough*

There is still a lingering issue where PM's are concerned.  A few other smaller issues as well, but nothing that can't be overcome (except for the PM's) with a little patience and/or restructuring.
Visit the PlanetGloom Forums.

[Unknown]

I already said I was going to go work on it... I never said "convert now."

-[Unknown]

Elden

Not trying to rush you unk..  I know you guys are busy.  I'm tinkering around a bit with Grudge's converter myself as well.  We wouldn't want to give phpBB'ers the wrong idea though would we?  ("But converting IS so easy!")

:)
Visit the PlanetGloom Forums.

Advertisement: