News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Registration Page is not working

Started by hasheagle, April 13, 2015, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasheagle

index.php?action=register is loading empty page. How do I go about fixing this or even debugging the root cause?

Sir Osis of Liver

Version?  Mods installed?  Link to your forum?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

hasheagle

Quote from: Krash on April 13, 2015, 10:26:27 PM
Version?  Mods installed?  Link to your forum?

mods i installed some youtube bbcode, i have deleted them since cant register
supershredded.com

br360

Going to your site's main page, it loads pretty fast; as does opening different links. It seems to time out though when trying to register. Have you checked your error logs in your admin panel, as well as your server's error logs?

I would try to contact your host and let them know. Send them that link to register as well, and see what they say.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you uninstall the mods with Package Manager?  Any errors?

- R. Waters

hasheagle

Quote from: Krash on April 13, 2015, 11:13:33 PM
Did you uninstall the mods with Package Manager?  Any errors?

I couldnt isntall anything since my host supports only SFTP. SMF only supports FTP. I guess the installation failed.

hasheagle

Quote from: br360 on April 13, 2015, 11:05:44 PM
Going to your site's main page, it loads pretty fast; as does opening different links. It seems to time out though when trying to register. Have you checked your error logs in your admin panel, as well as your server's error logs?

I would try to contact your host and let them know. Send them that link to register as well, and see what they say.

There is no error in the admin panel (SMF based). However, on the host I got this error:

PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/www/supershredded.com/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 1873, referer: hxxp:supershredded.com/ [nonactive]

Line 1873 refers to this:
                                $message = substr($message, 0, $last_pos) . $data . substr($message, $pos);

After that I commented it and substituted $message with a dummy string, it can load pretty fast now. Any idea why?

Sir Osis of Liver

All other actions work fine, only register is affected because it's timing out.  Looks pretty much like a scratch install, so you can just upload a clean set of files, or try replacing /Sources/Register.php.

- R. Waters

hasheagle

Quote from: Krash on April 14, 2015, 03:19:16 PM
All other actions work fine, only register is affected because it's timing out.  Looks pretty much like a scratch install, so you can just upload a clean set of files, or try replacing /Sources/Register.php.

Register.php has never been changed.

Kindred

and yet... the behavior that you describe is not the behavior of a clean copy...    so, since you don't actually have that many mods, I would recommend loading a clean set of files for the whole site, just to catch any other files which have not been edited, but are not behaving correctly
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mstcool

Quote from: hasheagle on April 15, 2015, 12:06:18 AM

No, Krash doesn't mean you changed it. Krash is saying that you can replace your current register.php with a clean file. Just download a fresh set of files, find the register.php and upload it to your ftp and overwrite it onto your current register.php. Or delete your current register.php and upload the new one.

hasheagle

Quote from: Mstcool on April 15, 2015, 01:28:57 AM
Quote from: hasheagle on April 15, 2015, 12:06:18 AM

No, Krash doesn't mean you changed it. Krash is saying that you can replace your current register.php with a clean file. Just download a fresh set of files, find the register.php and upload it to your ftp and overwrite it onto your current register.php. Or delete your current register.php and upload the new one.

I have full control over the files since I host it on VPS.

I have found the issue. I think there's something wrong happened when I tried to upload the mods via FTP. It corrupted the registration agreement. Now the content was full of binary and some code. It doesn't resemble any agreement at all. I changed the registration agreement with a new one.

Thanks all.

Advertisement: