[Depreciated]

Started by Depreciated, August 20, 2010, 05:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

The "spam link" he's referring to is the one to the package parser. It appears that domain has been cyber-squatted.

I don't see a problem with the screenshots you've included. They aren't used in the readme or the mod, but they are useful to those who download it, and they don't take up much space at all.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Depreciated

Quote from: Oldiesmann on August 30, 2010, 11:46:43 PM
The "spam link" he's referring to is the one to the package parser. It appears that domain has been cyber-squatted.

i've been meaning to remove that as for me it just shows a blank page

Quote from: Oldiesmann on August 30, 2010, 11:46:43 PM
I don't see a problem with the screenshots you've included. They aren't used in the readme or the mod, but they are useful to those who download it, and they don't take up much space at all.

aggree

live627

Actually you need to check all your packages. As for unused files, basically, if package-info.xml does not use them, they need removed. No mods should ever be approved if they contain extra files. The spam link is under "SMF Package Parser". It is considered spam because it does not go to the right page.

Depreciated

Quote from: live627 on August 31, 2010, 12:07:47 AM
Actually you need to check all your packages. As for unused files, basically, if package-info.xml does not use them, they need removed. No mods should ever be approved if they contain extra files. The spam link is under "SMF Package Parser". It is considered spam because it does not go to the right page.

the 'spam link' is being updated on all my mods right now and the screen shots aren't a big deal as smf approved them so they seem to be ok with it ;)

live627

Then why did they reject mine that had one?

Extra files == bloat. Simple as that.

Depreciated

Quote from: live627 on August 31, 2010, 12:13:36 AM
Then why did they reject mine that had one?

Extra files == bloat. Simple as that.

maybe your mod wasn't good enough? i don't know but i have 8 mods and most have screen shots and they accepted them all...

live627

Double standard. They shouldn't have done approved ANY of those mods then.

And my mod does much more than yours.

Depreciated

Quote from: live627 on August 31, 2010, 12:20:41 AM
Double standard. They shouldn't have done approved ANY of those mods then.

nothing to do with me... maybe they changed there rules?

Quote from: live627 on August 31, 2010, 12:20:41 AM
And my mod does much more than yours.

wow you really have a problem with me don't you? why is that? :\

live627

Quote from: PaulpBaker on August 31, 2010, 12:24:00 AM

Not with you personally. I do have a problem with poorly coded mods that give a bad example to the community.

Depreciated

Quote from: live627 on August 31, 2010, 12:33:50 AM
Quote from: PaulpBaker on August 31, 2010, 12:24:00 AM

Not with you personally. I do have a problem with poorly coded mods that give a bad example to the community.

how is this poorly coded? it simply removes part of the footer that so far 316 have wanted to do...

Antes

Tips and Tricks

nothing more ... Its not about you, its about making people lazy let them edit some php files ...

Dharshan

Hey PaulpBaker,

Thank you for the mod. well, editing a couple of PHP files is no big deal. but It's helpful. you have made it a mod and it's free. I appreciate that. the people who find it helpful will use it.

Thank you.
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

Depreciated

Quote from: Dharshan on September 12, 2010, 01:26:10 AM
Hey PaulpBaker,

Thank you for the mod. well, editing a couple of PHP files is no big deal. but It's helpful. you have made it a mod and it's free. I appreciate that. the people who find it helpful will use it.

Thank you.

thank you for the support i really appreciate it :)

Matthew K.

What I would like to know, is how this is any different than Advanced Footer Mod. AFM is optional, for each link, individually, too; in addition to some other toggle options.

I see this mod as duplicating an already existing mod.

Depreciated

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on November 23, 2010, 12:02:08 AM
What I would like to know, is how this is any different than Advanced Footer Mod. AFM is optional, for each link, individually, too; in addition to some other toggle options.

Advanced Footer Mod allows you to enable/disable them this is just for people who want them removed as the Advanced Footer Mod is a little overkill if that's all you want to do

Matthew K.

You can disable all of them in a couple of clicks, and if you ever want any back, simply uncheck the toggle you checked previously.
Quote from: PaulpBaker on November 23, 2010, 12:05:57 AM

Advanced Footer Mod allows you to enable/disable them this is just for people who want them removed as the Advanced Footer Mod is a little overkill if that's all you want to do

Depreciated

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on November 23, 2010, 12:26:05 AM
You can disable all of them in a couple of clicks, and if you ever want any back, simply uncheck the toggle you checked previously.
Quote from: PaulpBaker on November 23, 2010, 12:05:57 AM

true but this is for people who just want it removing

tfs

Broken on SMF 2.0 Final.  The installer can't find the original SMF footer.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Depreciated

Matthew K.

How about you just modify index.template.php? Piece of cake to remove them.

Advertisement: