News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

RC4 - PNG

Started by Gatlin1, November 10, 2010, 01:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARG01

Well, after almost 500 image conversions and countless file changes I finally made a 100% pure .png image file Curve default theme.
The only real reason to do this was a lot of people complaining on how hard it is to change some .gif images/icons to .png for custom theme design, especially when creating darker themes.

Changed all .gif formatted images to .png format in all of the default theme and Source files.
Converted all .gif images to .png in all image folders including smiley's.

The only images that were not converted were the avatar images keeping in mind that some like to use animated avatars.

Other than making these conversions the theme is 100% SMF default Curve. 

Live Demo

Cant wait to get started on a dark theme design with this conversion.  ;)

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

TehCraw

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand. - Martin Fowler

Antechinus

The only thing you have to be careful of is that many people want a few animated smileys, so you should allow gif for smileys.

Matthew K.

Very nice job, but Antechinus is right, I think you should have the Smileys in addition to the Avatars remain .gif's.

ARG01

It all depends. I don't care for animated smileys much myself but I suppose they can be changed back to gif easy enough. My whole point was to get rid of the ugly gif's once and for all so if I change the smiley's back to gif they will need to be altered a bit with an added background so they don't appear so cheesy.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: