Copyright & Footer Links

Started by Suki, May 16, 2009, 01:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derby

LATEST JOB VACANCIES

www.derbhotjobs.com

sAce

PlutoDelic

By default it install only on the default theme? now when install a package, i lately discovered the option where u can make a mod be installed also in your other theme (test failed though), i did that, but nothing is showing up...?

sAce

Quote from: PlutoDelic on March 31, 2010, 09:05:54 AM
By default it install only on the default theme? now when install a package, i lately discovered the option where u can make a mod be installed also in your other theme (test failed though), i did that, but nothing is showing up...?

Yes you can do that in 2.0 package manager not in 1.1.x
did you manually edit the file and inserted the code ? for the test failed files ?

Mave

First big thanx to you.

Quote from: king kratos on October 09, 2009, 12:24:30 PM

Type of error: Undefined 

8: Undefined variable: context
File: public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
Line: 184 
[/code]

This a bug if one another language than is used in English.

the string in the modification.english.php doesn't work.

$txt['default_copyright'] = $context['forum_name'] .' ©';

one fix is (thanx to TE)
add
global $context;
in the modifications.english.php

@ SB
can you fix it, please.

Mave

A other fix is so much better.

replace index.template.php
',!empty($modSettings['forum_copyright']) ? $modSettings['forum_copyright'] : $txt['default_copyright'],' </span></li>
with
',!empty($modSettings['forum_copyright']) ? $modSettings['forum_copyright'] : ($context['forum_name'] . ' &copy;'),' </span></li>

and delete modification.english.php
$txt['default_copyright'] = $context['forum_name'] .' &copy;';

sAce

@ Mave

Thanks, i ll fix it in next update.

flashsteam

I have installed this mod but am having some problems. Im pretty sure its related to the theme. The mod installed successfully, and the new options appear in the control panel. However nothing I do there, seems to make any changes. I do not see the text I put in the copyright box appear at the bottom of the page, and tick or unticking the box for hide validation logos, does not seem to work. They appear regardless.

How can I verify that that this mod is being applied to my current theme? Im using 1.1.11

sAce

On 1.1.x platform the custom themes edits are required to be done manually .

flashsteam

Thanks for the reply.

Ive only done an edit once before, where I had to go in with ftp, and change some code in a php file.

Im thinking this is a little different.

QuoteOn 1.1.x platform the custom themes edits are required to be done manually .

I am using a custom theme. I looked at the mod where the link to download it is, and was looking at the "parse" for 1.1.11

Which of those files do I need to transfer to my custom theme. If you could direct me a little with a brief rundown, I would be greatful.

sAce

Themes/[theme_name]/index.template.php

eon55

I installed it succesfully but I don't see it anywhere in the Admin. where is it then ?

sAce

Quote from: eon55 on August 02, 2010, 03:49:08 AM
I installed it succesfully but I don't see it anywhere in the Admin. where is it then ?

Which SMF Version are you using ?

eon55

I do not see those options, you say ACP > Features and options, but I see only Admin>Configuration>Features and Options..
maybe you have ver2.0 RC3

sAce

I do now what's what, alright!

if you are using v 1.1.11 , then its acp > features and options
if 2.0 Rc3 then acp > config > modifications

and what version of mod are you using ? 3.0 ?

or may be youre the one with 2.0 RC3

LHW

Just installed v3.1 on SMF2 RC3.  Works like a charm!  Thanks, S-Ace!!

My only suggestion would be to increase the size of the editing windows.  They're awful tiny if you want to customize them with multiple links.

Great mod, though! ;D

sAce

Quote from: Lord High Warlock on August 19, 2010, 08:26:28 AM
Just installed v3.1 on SMF2 RC3.  Works like a charm!  Thanks, S-Ace!!

My only suggestion would be to increase the size of the editing windows.  They're awful tiny if you want to customize them with multiple links.

Great mod, though! ;D

Yes i will, i have also planned to make non theme dependent , so you can get the copyright on all themes without any problems.

But, its on hold till RC4

Baloch

Advertisement: