News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learjet45

No. The Index.php file in the main forum directory.

karbaciun

I translate simple portal 2.1.1 to persian language

after install, my theme be left to right in IE but on the firefox and safari working good
provided my language is right to left

even befor add block and on the default theme
why?
and how solution this problem?

tnx a lot

Blinker

Hi guys, I'm still looking for help for my issue a few posts up. Please? My members want their portal back! :)

karbaciun

Quote from: Blinker on April 07, 2009, 05:02:21 AM
Hi guys, I'm still looking for help for my issue a few posts up. Please? My members want their portal back! :)

no understand :(

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Blinker on April 07, 2009, 05:02:21 AM

Can you pm me an admin account to check it?

Quote from: karbaciun on April 07, 2009, 04:39:05 AM
I translate simple portal 2.1.1 to persian language

after install, my theme be left to right in IE but on the firefox and safari working good
provided my language is right to left

even befor add block and on the default theme
why?
and how solution this problem?

tnx a lot

Where exactly the problem appears? Can you provide some screen shots?
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

karbaciun

after install simple portal the verificationcode image not loading in the registering page
on the all theme and all language setting

daveaite

I can't find the location of the button to:

-re-enable left side blocks
The BuyPoe Network!

http://vbsocial.com: Forum Styles for vBulletin and SMF

Robbo_

Quote from: daveaite on April 08, 2009, 04:36:36 AM

Go into simple portal -> configuration -> block settings to enable the blocks and the size of them.

Then go into simple portal -> blocks and make sure there are some left blocks to be shown.
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

tfs

Future birthdays...

I'm displaying a "Calendar Information" type block and would like it to show upcoming birthdays for the next month.  Currently it only shows a birthday if it's today.  I have "Events In Future:" set to 30.

Also, the verbage on the new "Calendar" type block seems to be wanting for days when there's no activities scheduled.  It just says "No calendar events were found" even though there are dates in the month that have an event.  There should be some indicator to the user that they need to click on BOLD numbers in the GUI calendar to see the scheduled activities for those dates.  Additionally, the BOLD numbers don't really grab the eye.  They should be color coded somehow to indicate that something's scheduled.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

mrtrc266

Quote from: tfs on April 08, 2009, 06:50:14 PM
Future birthdays...

I'm displaying a "Calendar Information" type block and would like it to show upcoming birthdays for the next month.  Currently it only shows a birthday if it's today.  I have "Events In Future:" set to 30.

Also, the verbage on the new "Calendar" type block seems to be wanting for days when there's no activities scheduled.  It just says "No calendar events were found" even though there are dates in the month that have an event.  There should be some indicator to the user that they need to click on BOLD numbers in the GUI calendar to see the scheduled activities for those dates.  Additionally, the BOLD numbers don't really grab the eye.  They should be color coded somehow to indicate that something's scheduled.

I agree with you 100% the old Custom Block Code was much better than the 2 calendar blocks that are now the default for SP 2.2. You can see it here

http://monsters-mansion.com/index.php

Afro

every other code installed on my indexphp except thie one

// Load some SP stuff.
sportal_init();.

That means the blocks cannot load.
what can i do?

i added the code manually but it collapsed the entire forum

with this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/afrowall/public_html/SSI.php on line 2115

help!

haito

ihave this error when unninstall 2.1.1

1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test failed
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/BoardIndex.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/QueryString.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Sources/Recent.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test failed
9. Execute Modification ./Sources/Help.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManageServer.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Sources/Admin.php Test failed
12. Execute Modification ./SSI.php Test successful
13. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed
14. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
15. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php Test successful
16. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english-utf8.php Skipping file
17. Delete File ./Sources/SPortal1-1.php
18. Delete File ./Sources/SPortalAdmin1-1.php
19. Delete File ./Sources/Subs-SPortal1-1.php
20. Delete File ./Themes/default/SPortal1-1.template.php
21. Delete File ./Themes/default/SPortalAdmin1-1.template.php
22. Delete File ./Themes/default/SPortalBlocks1-1.template.php
23. Delete File ./Themes/default/languages/SPortal.english.php
24. Delete File ./Themes/default/languages/SPortal.english-utf8.php
25. Delete File ./Themes/default/languages/SPortalAdmin.english.php
26. Delete File ./Themes/default/languages/SPortalAdmin.english-utf8.php
27. Delete File ./Themes/default/languages/SPortalHelp.english.php
28. Delete File ./Themes/default/languages/SPortalHelp.english-utf8.php
29. Delete File ./Themes/default/images/arrow.gif
30. Delete File ./Themes/default/images/dot.gif
31. Delete File ./Themes/default/images/selected1.gif
www.japanesia.co.id | Portal Berita & Komunitas Untuk Kamu yang Suka Jepang

daveaite

Quote from: Robbo_ on April 08, 2009, 10:12:20 AM
Quote from: daveaite on April 08, 2009, 04:36:36 AM

Go into simple portal -> configuration -> block settings to enable the blocks and the size of them.

Then go into simple portal -> blocks and make sure there are some left blocks to be shown.

Thanks for the fast response. For some reason, when I uploaded simple portal 2.2, it never parsed in

'blocksettings' => array($txt['sp-adminBlockSettingsName']),
'articlesettings' => array($txt['sp-adminArticleSettingsName']),

into admin.php.

fixed.
The BuyPoe Network!

http://vbsocial.com: Forum Styles for vBulletin and SMF

willerby

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 08, 2009, 07:21:42 PM
I agree with you 100% the old Custom Block Code was much better than the 2 calendar blocks that are now the default for SP 2.2. You can see it here

http://monsters-mansion.com/index.php

Do you have a link to that custom code that will work with SP2.2 and SMF2.0RC1?
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

[SiNaN]

Filipina:

1) Exactly.

Sources/SPortal1-1.php

Find and remove:

class="sp_online_flow"

2) Being discussed in other forum.

learjet45:

Just attach the file giving Test Failed error.

karbaciun:

Can you provide a link to your forum to check the issue? Does it turn back to normal when you uninstall the mod?

tfs:

Future events is just for events as it says in the title. It won't show Birthdays or Holidays.

By default, events, birthdays and holidays on that day are displayed under the calendar, unless user clicks on another date. What's wrong with that? It isn't a good idea to color days when there are 1000+ themes in the Theme Site.

sam_milla:

Well, we can't do anything to your file unless you attach it here. The only solution is to apply that change...

haito:

Attach the files that gives Test Failed error here and I'll remove the edits manually for you.

willerby:

I'm guessing that you can find the codes in this topic.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Afro

Ot blue, thanks.

here is my index.php.

its the only file that is giving test failed.

tfs

Quote from: Blue Dream on April 09, 2009, 04:27:50 AM
Future events is just for events as it says in the title. It won't show Birthdays or Holidays.

Then an option to add birthdays would be appropriate.

By default, events, birthdays and holidays on that day are displayed under the calendar, unless user clicks on another date. What's wrong with that? It isn't a good idea to color days when there are 1000+ themes in the Theme Site.

Giving the option to color is what is good.  I use the default theme, even though some others would be more fun, specifically so that I don't have to concern myself with theme problems.

When a user arrives on the page where the calendar is displayed, if there's nothing to display for today's date the calendar says "No calendar events were found", which verbally gives the sense that there's nothing in the calendar.  No events, birthdays or holidays.  Keep in mind that my forum is nearly 100% computer illiterate people.  They don't pick up on the fact that there's square brackets around the number which represents today's date, and if they did they still would probably not figure out that what that means is that they have to start clicking from date to date to look for stuff.  And since all of the dates are actually hyperlinks, the soft blue color does not stand out when it's bold, so those dates which actually have a event/birthday hardly stand out at all.

So what I'm saying is that the verbage is poor on the graphical calendar.  It should not say "No calendar events were found", but something more along the lines of "No calendar events were found for < date >", which gives a clue that there's other dates available which may have events.  And in this context, the word "EVENTS" is being used, but you indicate that there's a strict demarcation between events and birthdays.   Shouldn't it then be saying that "No calendar events, holidays or birthdays were found for < date >"?

My forum is 100% private, and the users are all members of the same family.   Aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, grandparents & grandchildren, etc.  As a group they're not computer savvy, though I'm working on them little by little.  But one thing they appreciate is seeing up and coming birthdays, which is why this is important to me.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

mrtrc266

@ tfs, not sure if you saw my post above but there is a custom calendar php block that you can use to get what you're requesting, you can color code your events, holidays and birthdays so that the number on the calendar pops out and say "Hey, we have something going on this day!" Also you can set out how many days to show upcoming events and it shows the text below the calendar seperated by birthdays, events, holidays.

Once again you can see it HERE

And you can get it here ( I use the DIN1031CalenderBlockV3.php )
http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=89.msg5205#msg5205

Hope that helps

tfs

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 09, 2009, 01:17:59 PM
@ tfs, not sure if you saw my post above but there is a custom calendar php block that you can use to get what you're requesting, you can color code your events, holidays and birthdays so that the number on the calendar pops out and say "Hey, we have something going on this day!" Also you can set out how many days to show upcoming events and it shows the text below the calendar seperated by birthdays, events, holidays.

Once again you can see it HERE

And you can get it here ( I use the DIN1031CalenderBlockV3.php )
http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=89.msg5205#msg5205

Hope that helps

Indeed, that's much nicer.  Thanks!  It lets me customize the text for when there's no activity on a particular date.  I changed it to "No entries for this date."

Now I'm on a hunt for a way to show a list of the next 30 days worth of events and birthdays, and make it nest in just below the custom PHP that you gave me above.

mrtrc266

Glad you like it, I find it much more functional as well. ;)

You should be able to set this out to whatever you like

//How many day in future should be shown in the events on today? (If you disable today nothing will work)
$eventes_future = 5;

Advertisement: