News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimnue

got problem about install simple portal and it cause first page of smf slow also.  anyone has idea how to fix it. :-X

TheListener

You will need to explain what the problem is so we can assist you more.

jeanineh

I have a couple questions that I hope someone can help me with. I have the 2.0.6 smf forum and downloaded the latest simple portal. I've been working with it in the maintenance mode and have finally gotten it to look somewhat like I want it to, for now anyways.

The problem I am having is when I take it out of maintenance and check it out the top category on the forum has gone all the way over to the left as if it is a left column. The other problem is when I check it out as a 'guest' the home portal does not look like it did. It now has a lot of empty space on both the left and right columns where it didn't before. I don't see this as admin or reg. member, just guest?

Any ideas? BTW, I really like this and think it was a fantastic idea!

TheListener

jeanineh

Thanks for your quick reply! I just took it out of maintenance mode and will leave it out for a few minutes if you have the time to take a quick look. Appreciate it.

http://www.emptynestmomsforum.com/forum/index.php

TheListener

Is it the contact block with the error?

jeanineh

I guess you could say that. I had some more topics but deleted them but it still did the same thing for the top category? What did the home portal look like to you? Did you see the white space on the left and right column? Thank you soooo much for looking. I'm a bit tech challenged so it takes me a while to figure things out.  ???

TheListener

Which block do you use for the contact block? Is it a left block or header?

jeanineh

Well actually it is neither. What I had before was about 4 different topics in the top category on the board. When I went to check it out it had moved over to the left and this was when I first stated working on it. I tried to delete it but the next category that was there did the same thing. It only seems to be the top on. I thought maybe there was some sort of setting that I was missing or something? I would like to take that off and have all of them the same (full across the board).

TheListener

QuoteI would like to take that off and have all of them the same (full across the board

I'd have a look at using the header block.  :)

jeanineh

Well since I don't have one on the home portal maybe I will go and work on one now. Could it be that simple? ;D (we shall see!) Thank you very much kind sir for your help.  :)

TheListener

jeanineh

Ok, me again. :( I put a temporary headed up on the portal page and tried adding a new top category on the forum but it still seems to be doing the same thing. Knew it couldn't be that simple. :'( Any more ideas? I still have it out of maintenance mode for now.

workinonstuff

Could any one tell me how to enable shout box for guest?

TheListener

Quote from: workinonstuff on November 22, 2013, 11:25:58 PM
Could any one tell me how to enable shout box for guest?

Have you loked at the permissions?

workinonstuff

Yes, I have tried several different settings.

GleamPlay.com

May I ask how to make Default Avatar mod work in the Top Posters block in Simple Portal?
Default Avatar Mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2665

Because the Top Poster block in my SMF show no image instead of the default image.
Gleam - http://gleamplay.com
The SMF to have fun, meet new friends and play games!

br360

A while back I installed this mod and somehow messed something up when I tried to uninstall. I have tried to manually uninstall it, but because I have added quite a few other mods since then, I am having an incredibly hard time removing the code from subs.php. without getting parse errors.

My question is; if I am able to remove everything else from the other files, and then drop the tables in the db, will I cause any problems by leaving the code in just  the subs.php?

Chen Zhen

br360,

Indeed you will need to remove SP's edits from that file or from any file for that matter. A possible solution for you is to clean everything up by using the SMF Large Upgrade package, Hooks Removal and then install all your mods anew.

SMF Large Upgrade Package
Replacing current files with upgrade package files
Upgrade Instructions
Hooks Removal (removes previous leftover hooks)

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

marcusslavorum

Is there a way to have SimplePortal in root while leaving actual SMF Forum in /forum folder?

I had wordpress in root while had smf in /forum folder and i'd like to remove wordpress and maybe use simple portal instead of it. Moving whole forum from /forum folder in root is not an option as it would hurt my seo.

what i mean is, if i remove the wp blog, my domain.com [nofollow] will be empty. Can i just use "Standalone URL" option of simple portal and fill in my main domain that way or?

Advertisement: